v16 Deploying Transifex's MyPicsDB string.po
I am very new to MyPicsDB been looking for a way to change the Addon's interface language to one of string.po in the .../resources/language.

I have done a lot of googling but couldn't find any clue. Would any one please advise me how to do it?

I beg your pardon.
changing the main kodi language do the trick.
have you looked within your language string.po? maybe it is there but not traslated.
for each string first row english and second your language
Peppe
Yeah,thanks for replying, and indeed it was not. So, I did the translation myself a few days ago. Been a lot googling, nowhere the method was aired.Sad

If it looks OK to me, I am thinking of posting on the Github. You are quite right too, that even I look into the English PO file (dated a year ago!) I don't think all the strings are there too.

But, how to test my translation in the first place!Confused

Thank you in advance.

BS, I mean I did the Translation, saved the string.po, but the Addon UI is still English!
I also wondered:
If it is intended that the Addon would be based on UI language settings in the Confluence Skin to call the correct string.po, then there is a possibility in the naming of the folder (my language) under "...//resources/language/" might not have been correctly structured to be recognized by Kodi / the Addon itself.

So, grateful if you could confirm that there was no additional setting effort of yours, and the "Database" automatically comes up as "Banca dati" in your Addon UI?

wstephen
are you sure you made the translation as the example i posted?
this what i have in my language folder
http://puu.sh/p5AGd/4a53334c0f.png

edit

your language is?
Yes, absolutely, just let you see a bit at the end of the string.po:
948 msgctxt "#30726"
949 msgid "Image Make"
950 msgstr "圖像結構"
952 # tag type translation
953 msgctxt "#30727"
954 msgid "Image Artist"
955 msgstr "圖像藝術師"

Sound like, you didn't do any mod/settings on the other xmls, and the Addon's UI language change is an automatic kind of things, right? Mine is Chinese (Traditional) which matches with the Confluence Skin UI settings.

wtsephen
Oh! my god, mine is matching with yours too in:

msgctxt "#30023"
msgid "Picture extensions"
msgstr "圖片檔副檔名"

msgctxt "#30024"
msgid "Perform scan at addon startup"
msgstr "當附加元件啟動時進行掃描"

msgctxt "#30025"
msgid "Initialize the database at next addon startup"
msgstr "下次附加元件啟動時初始化資料庫"

#. setting
msgctxt "#30026"
msgid "Use the picture as fanart for pictures"
msgstr "用其中一張圖片作為圖片集的背景圖"

msgctxt "#30027"
msgid "Settings for the dialog scan popup"
msgstr "掃描對話方塊設定"

Something really went wrong!?
Oh! My friend I've just found out from the other languages, such as Japanese and Korean, their strings are not "string.po" such as English (US). These Asian Languages use "strings.po", i.e., there is an "s". And that in

Line 17 = "Plural-Forms: nplurals=2; plural=(n != 1);\n"

so, I've change it to

Line 17 = "Plural-Forms: nplurals=1; plural=0;\n" (to be in line with the Japanese's and Korean's strings.po)

Whola!!!! I have my UI in Chinese (Traditional), now!!!

A Big Thank to you Peppe! For confirming, that Addon's UI language being AUTOMATIC without tweaking anything. So, this lead me all the way to the structure of the folder naming and then the structure of the PO file itself.

So, at the end there is an intrinsic bug at time when the Addon is installed!
ok mate, that's good. enjoy your kodi!
Peppe
Thanks again. I tried to tried to pull my strings to GitHub (again using it for the first time). Down loaded the PC Console, spent an hour and had many warnings "you are not authorized...", "your public key...", etc. Oh! they don't plainly accept direct uploading.

Have a nice day, mate

Steve
i think is better you post in the release thred the string.po file so Xycl can easily merge it. really don't know if a transifex project is available for this addon.

Peppe
Photo 
You are such a nice gent. Smile Maybe I so new in every thing. No matter, I click Xycl to send him an email or just PM him. I got

I pressed "resend activation" I got this

Kind of bugs!?

steve
Done! My Friend:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2345668 (Post: #613)

Good Day!
I can suppose you are too young in post to send pm or do else.
Usually j use a service called sendspace to attach suck things, but the tag code is a good idea.
Peppe
That's a good suggestion. A less active stance. I'll register send space right away!

Thanks again, you're so sweet.Rofl

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Deploying Transifex's MyPicsDB string.po0