Linux Screen flickering after last update
Hello

I'm using Kodi for a long time now originating from the old xbmcbuntu distribution on my media PC. Since the last update of kodi and the kernel I'v got an extreme screen flickering when there is any anmimation on the screen for example the running text in the bottom line of the default theme or a menue transition. Sometimes kodi then crashes with no interaction. I've attached the last crashlog within this pastebin: http://pastebin.com/tU8v3pTy

Code:
jack77@media:~$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Description:    Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS
Release:        14.04
Codename:       trusty

jack77@media:~$ uname -a
Linux media 3.13.0-86-generic #131-Ubuntu SMP Thu May 12 23:33:13 UTC 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

My hardware is an AMD E350 APU using the Linux open source drivers. Kodi is running in standalone mode on the device since it is used as a single media server.

Do you have an suggestions to get rid of this anoying flickering issue? It appears only when kodi is running, when I switch to console everything is fine. When there is a confirmation popup in the settings submenu it will stay within the flickering as a ghost image that is overlayed on the actual context.

Thank you. Greetings
Jack77er
I cannot see your Debug Log, but it's a kernel regression. Try to install the Ubuntu-lts kernel package > 4.0
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I've made a kernel update with the HWE Stack to 14.04.4 an the flickering is gone. Thank you for your fast response and help Smile

If someone other need help with this, do the following commands on your preferred shell:
Code:
sudo apt-get -y install --install-recommends linux-generic-lts-wily xserver-xorg-core-lts-wily xserver-xorg-lts-wily xserver-xorg-video-all-lts-wily xserver-xorg-input-all-lts-wily libwayland-egl1-mesa-lts-wily
sudo apt-get install linux-signed-generic-lts-wily
sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg-lts-wily

Greetings
jack77er

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Screen flickering after last update0