Split EP - handling albums with multiple album artists, tagging and NFO
Ohhhhhhhh

[facepalms]

Sorry it took me so long to get that, but it finally makes sense. And that explains some other things I've seen with tv shows that I just never bothered to research.

After understanding this, I opted to move them to the Various Artists folder, and update the MB album artist ID. Everything looks good after rescanning. Sorry to be the reason that you drink!
(2016-06-07, 14:15)nuentes Wrote: Sorry to be the reason that you drink!
It doesn't take much these days Smile

I'm happy to have this detailed explanation on record, it might help some others one day.
Although my plan is to alter it!

So dear reader, all the above is true for Jarvis, but later versions of Kodi may differ.
So.. after following carefully this tread, I wanna know what the conclusion?

I have 3 Various Artists album: Mortal Kombat, Nativity in Black. Road Rash, and I dont´t wanna only these 3 on various artists, so, I wonder if i can name these ones with a fake artist, putting something like "Mortal Kombat" in Album Artist tag. So this way I have a "Mortal Kombat artist" on my library, and the others artist remais the same.

Nativity in Black is a Black Sabbath Tribute, 12 songs, each song is a diferente artist, I´m thinking in put "Black Sabbath" on album artist, so that´s way, I´ll have na Nativity Black album with my other albuns from Black Sabbath.

This is a valid way?
So Sagrath you have 3 albums with tracks from varied artists, by default Kodi would put these under "Various Artists" but you would rather have the albums under a named artist.

That is just fine, you can change the ALBUMARTIST tag (from blank or "Various Artists") to the artist you want e.g. Black Sabbath.

However if you have used Picard (or a script in Mp3tag) to tag your music it will also have Musicbrainz Id tags. In this case such tag editing is a bit more complicated. When you edit the albumartist tag you also need to change the MUSICBRAINZ ALBUMARTIST ID tag (labled Musicbrainz Release Artist Id in Picard) to match the changes e.g. replace the "Various Artists" mbid tag with that for "Black Sabbath". You can look this up manually on the Musicbrainz website. Also if there is an ALBUMARTISTS (note the s) tag that needs editing too.

Finally, if you are scraping additional artist information locally from an NFO file, then you would want to place the album music files under the folder for the new album artist.
Yes...I did exactly as you described , changed the tags , and now have an album called " nativity in black" within the Black Sabbath albums list.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Split EP - handling albums with multiple album artists, tagging and NFO0