Read and write playcounts by IDV3-Tag
Hi,

is it somehow possible to read and write playcounts into music files by IDV3-Tags?

Thx
Not using Kodi. There may be some other media players that do that, but Kodi keeps playcount internally and does not modify your music file tags.
Thak you for the clear answer, DaveBlake!

Banshee is doing the job very well. Payer Pro (Android) writes ratings, but it seems, there is no Android player which writes play counts. Banshee needs a personal computer to run. But I would like a server/media center solution... with all other benefits, like remote control by android apps, display the current music on TV screen.... That's why I installed Kodi. Its very comfortable, looks nice and is doing the job -- except writing play counts and ratings.

I testest Ampache. This media server is writing some Informations into ID3 frames -- except play counts and ratings.

Does anybody know a media server (which Kodi could use as a client) that supports writing of ratings and/or play counts?
I don't know the answer, but with theaudiodb.com I store ratings for every user on the database which is accessible from the api.

If you register and go through each track and rate them on the website then at some point in the future it may be possible to sync those ratings with Kodi (thats the idea anyway).

The API can also submit ratings from kodi, but no-body has written an Add-on to do that yet.

The end game is to have cloud backed up ratings, like Trakt.
(2016-06-22, 10:18)zag Wrote: The API can also submit ratings from kodi, but no-body has written an Add-on to do that yet.

This would be very nice, a context menu to rate album/tracks

To bad I have no idea how to write a addon
(2016-06-22, 21:16)meowmoo Wrote: This would be very nice, a context menu to rate album/tracks

To bad I have no idea how to write a addon

Yep or possibly a full regular sync from kodis internal database (since you can already user rate music).

It would allow users to move ratings from 1 kodi install to another or just back them up in the "cloud".

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Read and write playcounts by IDV3-Tag0