Kodi 16.x "Pop" after audio keepalive timeout
In Kodi 15.x I didn't have this problem. But in Kodi 16.x when I've finished watching a clip and I set the audio keepalive to 1 min, after 1 minute I get a little pop, which can be semiloud in I have the volume really high.

I have a Chromebox running Kodibuntu connected to my Pioneer plasma, and then analog 2 channel audio from my TV to my stereo. Strictly speaking, everything is working fine so there's nothing in the log that stands out, but I get a log later just in case..
Were there any big changes to the audio engine that might warrant this?
Nothing to do with kodi. It's a kernel bug with powersaving. When timeout is reached the audio device is unloaded and this causes the blob, as kernel sets the audio device to powersaving. If you don't want that keep it alive always or disable kernel's powersaving.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thanks Fritsch. I'll do a little research on this and maybe update the thread if I find out something worthwhile. I did upgrade to Kernel 4.4.1 a while ago, but I did that while I was running 15.x and didn't experience the same "pop". I need to have a timeout because that lets me launch Chrome and get sound without messing with Pulse.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 16.x "Pop" after audio keepalive timeout0