Music Naviation (A-Z filters)
Excellent, its just nice to see how it looks in different skins.

Here's an early example with proper icons

You can get some good "alphabet" icons from somewhere like here

http://megaicons.net/tag/3944/
I took another look, and see that the string utilities in Kodi are IMHO kind of primitive so using the "startswith" filter in a node doesn't work so great once you get past the basic latin alphabet.

For example, I would expect the "startswith" filter when given a Korean Jamo like "ᄀ" would find all composed syllables such as "강" (Kang) and "김" (Kim) which are common Korean surnames. But that's not what happens -- it matches nothing.

scott s.
Yeh this was one of the reasons why the PR was rejected.

What would also be nice in smart playlists (and nodes) would be to do a "Does not start with" and then we could catch all the others.
This is indeed a very nice idea.

Something similar has been made using script.skin.helper.service. Some skins now support quick jump alphabet navigation:

But the same problem appears here with only 0-9, signs and a-z navigation.
That's incredible, its a feature I have always wanted since the days of using another htpc app with a music jukebox.

(2016-06-16, 10:21)Gade Wrote: This is indeed a very nice idea.

Something similar has been made using script.skin.helper.service. Some skins now support quick jump alphabet navigation:

But the same problem appears here with only 0-9, signs and a-z navigation.

What skin is that?
(2016-06-16, 11:14)zag Wrote: That's incredible, its a feature I have always wanted since the days of using another htpc app with a music jukebox.

Any idea which skins support it?

Yeah, it's a pretty cool feature Wink

I only know of Rapier and Titan. Maybe also Aeon Madnox, KOver and Eunique judging from the skin helper service thread, but I'm not sure.

But I definately think more skins should support this feature, as it's not very hard to include.

(2016-06-16, 11:25)zag Wrote: What skin is that?

The screenshot above is the Rapier skin. The feature needs to be enabled in Skin Settings > General.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Naviation (A-Z filters)0