Fadelabels and text offsets
Two questions:

1) Does a Fadelabel have to scroll, or can it be made to crossfade its contents instead?

2) I want to create a Fadelabel where the text appears 10 pixels in from the edge of the screen, but then scrolls all the way back to 0 pixels during transitions. So far, I've been unable to do this: I can either have the text appearing at 0 pixels (not desired) and scrolling back to 0 pixels (desired), or appearing at 10 pixels (desired) and scrolling back to 10 pixels (leaving a gap - not desired). The textoffsetx command doesn't seem to work.
1. Nope - it has to scroll.

2. It scrolls to and from the starting <posx>. The online manual:

http://xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/index.ph...el_Control

doesn't include any <textoffsetx> tag, so it doesn't exist Wink

With all that said, offer some good arguments and I'm happy to spend some time playing with it. BTW: There's a skinning channel that exists on IRC (freenode) - PM me for details if you want to get some more immediate feedback and discuss any alterations that would be useful for your skin Wink

I'd have to alter all the text scrolling code to achieve an initial pixel offset, though it would actually be preferential. You can workaround in the meantime by prefacing with a few spaces - this is how the RSS feed does it. This is a hack at best, I agree, so I'll see what I can do to add the backend support for that one at least.

Xepyhr's looking really nice btw - very professional. Smile

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

would the ability to add content to an rss feed, like you can with lists be useful?
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
Not to me personally - but the same thing can be done with the normal label controls, other than the colored text I guess.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Thanks for the advice. I did try fudging it by using blank spaces, but they were simply removed at runtime. I tried using &nbsp; as well (the old HTML days coming back to haunt me) but it just printed it out verbatim.

Is there another method for adding blank spaces?
Ok, weird.

In any case, I'll see what I can do with the initial pixel offset of the scrolling (it makes a lot of sense) and tie it in to <textoffsetx> in the fadelabel.

Give me a couple of days or so as I'm quite busy (old house -> renovation work) at the moment.

Cheers,
Jonathan

So by setting <textoffsetx> == <width> would it scroll like an RSS? That would be nice.
Effectively, yes.

Will see if I can knock something up later tonight, depending on how long it takes me to build a new ceiling and hook up the lighting etc. in the toilet :p

You light up your toilet? What do you want to see? or is that what they call the bathroom downunder?
The bathroom is surely the room with the bath in it. :p

We often have a separate room for the loo in these parts - useful if someone is using the bathroom to actually bathe. :p

I hear those Aussies still have them out down the back of the property...

Cheers,
Jonathan

<textoffsetx> has been added in rev 9921.

Cheers for sorting this out, jm.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fadelabels and text offsets0