[T3] 2.4GHz and IR Air Mouse Remote Control
(2017-01-11, 08:56)Jeffers24 Wrote:
(2017-01-11, 06:57)dasco Wrote:
(2017-01-10, 22:25)thepixel Wrote: I just purchased this remote, i'm currently using the default Kodi keys etc.

However I'm wondering if someone would share their own key file for this if possible?

The defaults are OK, but I think theirs room for improvement. One of the keys needs to be assigned to do what TAB does, but I can't figure this out for optimal use etc

Hi thepixel

FWIW this is the Keymap file i use. This may give you some idea on how to set up your remote to your preference.
Also you can reference post No 4 for the keycodes for the different buttons on the remote.
I also use Auto Hot key to add extra functionality to the remote but this is only available for Windows based systems.
If you get stuck on some functionality myself or others should be able to point you in the right direction
A full list of Kodi actions and functions can be found here http://kodi.wiki/view/Keymaps

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<key id="61586">stop</key> "Magnify Glass Button"
<key id="61467">back</key> "ESC and Return arrow Button"
<key id="61587">runaddon(script.globalsearch)</key> "Red Key"
<key id="53263">runaddon(plugin.program.chrome.launcher)</key> "Mail / Envelope Button"
<key id="53255">ActivateWindow(Home)</key> "Home Button"
<key id="53264">UpdateLibrary(video)</key> "Media/Clapper Board Button"
<key id="61589">FullScreen</key> "Yellow Button This is the TAB function"
<key id="61588">ActivateWindow(Favourites)</key> "Green Button"
<key id="61590">audiodelay</key> "Blue Key"

</keyboard>
</global>

<FullscreenVideo>
<keyboard>
<key id="61656">ShowVideoMenu</key> "Four Lines Button"
</keyboard>
</FullscreenVideo>

</keymap>

Hi Dasco,

Thanks for sharing your keymap, not wanting to add them to my keymap without understanding what they do, I have some queries. Some are obvious such as:-

Stop
Back
Launch chrome
Update video library
Activate Favourites window

Some not so obvious to me and would appreciate a bit more info:-

I am sure you know this I only recently found out, some of the keys on the keyboard can be used as shortcuts in Kodi, the ones I use are:-

x - stop whatever is playing
s - display option to go into settings, I use this as I share my build with my sister and remove the System option from the top level Kodi menu as a safety feature
o - display codec info, lets you see some useful information when streaming, CPU usage, how fast or slow the cache buffer is filling
I - display program information on what you are watching

QUICK EDIT - with reference to above I am using Kodi 16.1, Kodi 17 may act differently

Hi Jeffers24,

Thanks for sharing aswell, it is great to get different peoples perspectives on how they use Kodi and whether they fit into your way of doing things. I know for myself i have modified my keymaps numerous times based on other peoples input.

Regarding the the items you want clarification

Global Search is an Add On available within the Kodi Repository. This is by far the most used Add On i have and could not live without. Basically it brings up a search box to search your Library of Movies / TV shows based on key words you type in. ie if you type in "Star" it will bring up all the movies and TV Shows with Star in the title.

This takes me straight back to the Home Screen of Kodi no matter what Kodi menu i am in.

This takes me straight back to the movie i was watching or have open in the background while searching Kodi Menus. (Same as using TAB key on keyboard)

If Audio is out of sync with the Video this allows me to quickly adjust it without going through the Kodi menus.

Definitely get Global Search if you have a large library.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [T3] 2.4GHz and IR Air Mouse Remote Control - by dasco - 2017-01-11, 11:37
power button - by thenry - 2017-03-26, 14:43
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[T3] 2.4GHz and IR Air Mouse Remote Control3