Beginners Q
I have KODI installed on Amazon Fire TV (Default skin) v 16.1
Ethernet wired to a 55MB connection

2-part Q

It works – sometimes fine, but not very reliably… For example I go to a TV series and from the provider list for an episode … get a whole long list …
I click one and normal process is there is a pop up window … then the play icon in bottom left of screen and progress icon on bottom right.
Sometimes I watch one episode …. OK, select next .. OK
However if I stop or try ffwd often it will not play again … I can then go through maybe a dozen of more providers and while I select the provider the pop up opens and close straight away – none will play … even one that was just playing.
If I go to system & restart, then usually all then works OK …. But this is frequent occurrence.

I’m new to KODI so is this normal ?

2nd part - will Kodi automatically update itself, or advise of updates ? .......... or is this a manual process.
Sounds like you are using addons that break the forum rules. Please confirm after reading said rules.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Slightly confused here - whole point of having KODI for me is to play TV series & films ......... I followed the many guides that said install KODI and installaddons
Nothing else changed.

I'm a beginner so I may have got it wrong ... if I uninstall installaddons will I still get to be able to watch what I need ?

I thought it was used just to populate the providers.
If I do remove it, how do I get to content ?

If there is a more suitable forum I should go to - please advise.
Kodi is a media player primarily designed to play local media (DVD rips stored on your hard drive for example). But it can do other stuff like streaming support and add-ons (plus other stuff of course).

Most of the "guides" are 3rd party, nothing to do with us and will often lead you to banned add-ons (wiki) using pirated source material which can be nothing but trouble, bring the whole Kodi brand into disrepute and that we do not support here.

Have a read of this blog post and also this one for more details and background.

If after that you're foolish enough to want to follow that path then it's your choice, but do so with your eyes open, with a full understanding of what you may be getting yourself into and knowing that you will get no support here.

If not then look in the built in official repo and also the video add-ons section for what is on offer. But if you're after stuff for free that you'd normally need to pay for them you're in the wrong place ( and no, we won't point you at where to infect your install with the piracy junk Wink )

Also have a look at the wiki notes for the first time user (wiki) to get things moving.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thnx ... I'll go read

Sent from my SM-G930F
(2016-06-08, 14:57)Sargan Wrote: Thnx ... I'll go read

Sent from my SM-G930F
📬[THUMBS UP SIGN]

Sent from my LinuxMINT touch phone

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Beginners Q0