Mod silvo -dvd/bluray cases
hi
im using kodi 16.1 and silvo 5.8.6-3.0.4 skin.
i have dvd and bluray cases on some of my movies but the others just show a red case. theres no difference between the folder layout or files.
these are
movies\BIG_HERO_6\BDMV/INDEX.BDMV
movies\8 mile\VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO

i have put in dvd or bluray in but have no joy, eg.. movies\BIG_HERO_6 bluray\BDMV/INDEX.BDMV

there is no difference between the movies with a case or without so i am a little confused.

any help would be appreciated!!

thanks
You generally get the red case as it is a fallback due to Kodi not knowing the resolution of the video. To test this try playing a red case movie for a few mins then stop it and when you return Kodi will now have the relevant video / codec information and should then apply the correct case type.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
Thanks! Your spot on, that works. When played for a short while the case shows and the resolution tags show.
Is there a way to fix this without having to play the movie everytime?

Thanks!!
Think you would have to go the .mkv way as they always seem to have the codec info. Not sure if you can update iso with that info or if kodi reads that info. Sorry, not that savvy on what kodi does with .iso files, just know this as i had the same issue with .iso files in the past.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
ah thats not what i wanted to hear. i have 100's of files!! thanks for taking time to help

i thought that it looks for a bluray or dvd tag to determine the case,the reason for putting bluray or dvd into the file name but its obviously the resolution it looks for. im guessing id need to either put the resolution in manually (if there is a way) or change the way kodi looks for what case to put ( again if there is a way)
can anyone help with this?
thanks
Does the case type for each movie get set in the Kodi SQL database somewhere? If so, it wouldn't be difficult to knock up a script which sets the correct case type based on filename.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
silvo -dvd/bluray cases0