Win No Audio Through Headphones, Hangs on Exit
Yesterday I tried to upgrade to 16.1 but had to revert back to 15.2 after encountering a couple of issues. I'm running Kodi on Windows 10 on a i5-3570K, ASRock Z77 Extreme4, GTX 970, and a SSD (I doubt the hardware is relevant, but doesn't hurt to include the specifics). I was using the Transparency! skin, but the problems extend to other skins as well. I also use an Xbox 360 controller to navigate Kodi (again, I doubt it matters).

First, I no longer get any audio through my bluetooth headphones. This worked perfectly on 15.2, but with Jarvis all I get is complete silence. I use a little USB bluetooth dongle to connect the headphones to the computer. There is no sound through the headphones no matter what I change the Kodi audio settings to. It may be worth noting that there is no sound whatsoever that comes through the headphones while Kodi is open, including background sounds. For example, if I have a video playing through YouTube on Google Chrome and open Kodi, the sound from the video disappears as soon the software starts. As soon as I exit Kodi, the audio can be heard again.

Second, when attempting to exit Kodi the software just hangs indefinitely, it never actually closes and I have to exit using the task manager. This is true for the reboot, shutdown, and shutdown timer functions as well. It becomes especially problematic because I frequently use the custom shutdown timer to make sure the computer isn't left on over night. I tried editing the Transparency! DialogButtonMenu.xml (and that does close the application), but it doesn't alleviate the shutdown/shutdown timer problems.

I've searched the forums for a couple of days now and haven't found a solution. Hopefully someone can help or point me in the right direction.
Kodi is normally set up to take exclusive control of audio. See http://kodi.wiki/view/windows_audio which would explain why you don't get sounds from other applications while Kodi is running. I don't know enough about bluetooth audio to say why you aren't getting sound - but I'd guess the issues are connected.

You're unlikely to get an answer to your shutdown problem without publishing a debug log, see http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=42708

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No Audio Through Headphones, Hangs on Exit0