WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K
(2016-07-07, 02:25)hdmkv Wrote: 1. Not necessarily better. Hub can do Android or OpenELEC or LibreELEC. It is versatile
2. Don't see why you'd have any issue with USB HDD's under Android or OpenELEC/LibreELEC
3. Powered can help; depends on type of external HDD. Some work just fine with power via media player's USB
4. Honestly, depends how old and tech saavy you dad is (not saying he needs to be, but every bit helps). My dad is 80, and he has trouble with anything that doesn't involve a simple channel up/down type functionality. I set-up a non-Kodi WD TV box for him with movies on an attached USB HDD, and that turned out fine. Used movie posters view for navigation. That's it. With Hub, if your dad is okay using remote to open WeTek Media Player and navigating to 'Movies' you set-up for him, that would work
Thoroughly disagree with your 1. Hub hardware is far superior to the Play.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - by nickr - 2016-07-07, 10:11
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K3