WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K
(2016-07-29, 20:29)Eve72 Wrote:
(2016-07-29, 17:08)lekand Wrote: Hi,

I'm sorry a few of you are having issues with the Hub. I'm pretty sure most of them will be ironed out in time. I myself had a problem with colors flipping on me, all screen becoming greenish (both under Android and the LibreELEC 7.0.2 version kindly provided by wrxtasy). I wrote to WeTek support and they have been really amazing. I asked for a replacement, because I was convinced there was a hardware issue. They asked for a video of the problem. After 24hours they get back to me, saying that they have traced down the problem as a bug when coupling the hub to some Philips TVs, and that a replacement would have the same issue. In the same message they provided a custom Hub firmware with a new option under Android to force RGB colorspace. I installed it, switched on RGB as instructed, and the problem is gone. I'm even getting a more stable Kodi 17 experience now (might be subjective, though I've not had a single crash). They tell me also that they've contacted the LibreELEC team (wrxtasy?) to include this new option there.

How's that for technical support? I, for one, have never seen anything like it. Kudos to WeTek!

I´ve also had problems colors flipping, though in my case the screen isn´t greenish but pinkish. The problem has fortunately only occured a few times. At first I assumed it was caused by bad wire connection but it turned out false. Luckily rebooting the TV gave the needed fix.

I´m very interested in the solution you @lekand received from Wetek. Should I also contact Wetek to be provided with the custom Hub firmware that you mentioned?

My Hub is connected first to my AVR and second my Philips 55PUS7600 TV.

Hi Eve72, I guess you should ask them for the link, I'm not sure I'm supposed to distribute it. Mention ticket number #13470.

The solution, I have to say, is still partial. Using the bundled HDMI cable I've still seen 3 color flips to green/pink in about 5 hours. Before the patch it was constant, every 2 minutes. Using a more expensive HDMI cable I've not had the issue at all after the patch. Good luck!

Messages In This Thread
RE: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - by lekand - 2016-07-29, 21:36
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K3