Windows 10 "Movies & TV"
So, I purchased Cast Away from the Windows Store (they're having $4.99 deals on FOX movies right now), obviously it has DRM and Kodi can not play it. I searched throughout the Forum ... but couldn't find the answer. Since it is obviously illegal to remove the DRM ... can Kodi be used to launch the "Movies & TV" app to play Store bought movies? I saw references to other programs like VLC/MPC ... but nothing pertaining to the "Movies & TV" application.

Thanks!
So, this is what I've done without success.
Created a playercorefactory with the following...

Code:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
   <player name="Movies & TV" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
     <filename>"explorer.exe shell:appsFolder\Microsoft.ZuneVideo_8wekyb3d8bbwe!Microsoft.ZuneVideo"</filename>
     <args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
     <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
     <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
     <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
   </player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
   <rule filetypes="mp4" filename="*microsoft.*" player="Movies & TV"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

that fails to open Movies & TV

I then tried for <filename> ... C:\Windows\explorer.exe "shell:appsFolder\Microsoft.ZuneVideo_8wekyb3d8bbwe!Microsoft.ZuneVideo"

of course that failed to open Movies & TV

Mind you...both of those <filename> works in cmd prompt (and I believe run as well)

for laughs ... I created a batch file

Code:
@echo off
explorer.exe shell:appsFolder\Microsoft.ZuneVideo_8wekyb3d8bbwe!Microsoft.ZuneVideo
exit

and inserted that filename (c:\test.bat) into the <filename> ... it launched Movies & TV ... but of course it wouldn't load the movie.

The error in kodi.log is

16:16:08 T:3972 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::OpenFile: D:\Movies\Cast Away\Cast Away microsoft.MP4
16:16:08 T:2300 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Player : C:\Windows\explorer.exe "shell:appsFolder\Microsoft.ZuneVideo_8wekyb3d8bbwe!Microsoft.ZuneVideo"
16:16:08 T:2300 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: File : D:\Movies\Cast Away\Cast Away microsoft.MP4
16:16:08 T:2300 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Content:
16:16:08 T:2300 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Args : "{1}" /fullscreen /close
16:16:08 T:2300 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Start
16:16:08 T:2300 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::ExecuteAppW32: C:\Windows\explorer.exe "shell:appsFolder\Microsoft.ZuneVideo_8wekyb3d8bbwe!Microsoft.ZuneVideo" "C:\Windows\explorer.exe "shell:appsFolder\Microsoft.ZuneVideo_8wekyb3d8bbwe!Microsoft.ZuneVideo"" "D:\Movies\Cast Away\Cast Away microsoft.MP4" /fullscreen /close
16:16:08 T:2300 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::ExecuteAppW32 - Failure: 123
16:16:08 T:2300 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Stop
16:16:08 T:2300 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Showing Kodi window

Failure 123 -- which I believe is Invalid Filename

Anyway...I'm at lost now....or even if it is possible. Undecided
Just an update. So I've finally got Microsoft's Movies & TV to open within Kodi. It will not load the movie automatically ... but since I've only got a few movies anyway ... it isn't that big of deal.

What I did was created a batch file ....

Code:
@echo off
explorer.exe shell:appsFolder\Microsoft.ZuneVideo_8wekyb3d8bbwe!Microsoft.ZuneVideo
exit

I then used a free .bat to .exe converter (from F2KO Software) and called it MSVideo.exe ... which I placed in the Kodi\userdate folder.

My playercorefactory looks like this....

Code:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
     <filename>C:\Users\jjkusaf\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\MSVideo.exe</filename>
     <hidekodi>true</hidekodi>
     <hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
   </player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
   <rule filetypes="mp4" filename=".*microsoft.*" player="Movies & TV"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

So, while not exactly optimal ... it does allow me to place videos I purchased into Kodi ... and after clicking on them Movies & TV automatically opens. I still can not get them to play automatically and Movies & TV arguments aren't really out there. Not sure if it is possible.

All the other movies in my library plays in Kodi ... just the couple I've bought with Movies & TV ... when clicked on ... opens Movies & TV.

Possible problems with this in the future. When Microsoft updates Movies & TV in may render the .exe file ineffective (if they rename this Microsoft.ZuneVideo_8wekyb3d8bbwe to something else) ... so I would need to create a new one.

If anyone has any better ideas .. would love to hear it.
(2016-07-06, 23:03)jjkusaf Wrote: Just an update. So I've finally got Microsoft's Movies & TV to open within Kodi. It will not load the movie automatically ... but since I've only got a few movies anyway ... it isn't that big of deal.

What I did was created a batch file ....
Code:
@echo off
exit

I then used a free .bat to .exe converter (from F2KO Software) and called it MSVideo.exe ... which I placed in the Kodi\userdate folder.

My playercorefactory looks like this....
Code:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
<filename>C:\Users\jjkusaf\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\MSVideo.exe</filename>
<hidekodi>true</hidekodi>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="mp4" filename=".*microsoft.*" player="Movies & TV"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

So, while not exactly optimal ... it does allow me to place videos I purchased into Kodi ... and after clicking on them Movies & TV automatically opens. I still can not get them to play automatically and Movies & TV arguments aren't really out there. Not sure if it is possible.

All the other movies in my library plays in Kodi ... just the couple I've bought with Movies & TV ... when clicked on ... opens Movies & TV.

Possible problems with this in the future. When Microsoft updates Movies & TV in may render the .exe file ineffective (if they rename this Microsoft.ZuneVideo_8wekyb3d8bbwe to something else) ... so I would need to create a new one.

If anyone has any better ideas .. would love to hear it.
Did anyone get it?

thanks
Anyone searching how to launch a movie from Kodi to Windows store app (Films & TV). See this thread. The movie needs to be in Kodi library. It supports DV in Mp4 container. You need a GPU cabable of HDR (HDR available in Windows Display settings).
Life is short, I don't have time for squabbles. Lets be friends, lets enjoy Kodi :)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows 10 "Movies & TV"0