v17 [solved]Alpha 2 - Loading of playlist in music libary takes very long
In the absence of any better solution, I would recommend deleting the *.fi files every time Kodi is started.

We already do this in all LE builds (as part of a systemd service, so not part of the Kodi app) and it has eliminated the random crashes (and other weird and hard to explain behaviour) we would sometimes see, and nobody has complained that it has caused a performance regression (ie. nobody notices the initial performance hit to populate caches anew now that caches are not persisted across app restarts).

Longer term Kodi could introduce versioned caches that would be selectively cleared at startup but this involves more work/testing and might be too late for Kodi 17, so as a quick win - and what should be a relatively simple change - I'd suggest clearing all cache files unconditionally during Kodi app startup, because as a solution I know that works...
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alpha 2 - Loading of playlist in music libary takes very long - solved-ish - by Milhouse - 2016-07-07, 04:10
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[solved]Alpha 2 - Loading of playlist in music libary takes very long0