Solved EDL Support for DVBViewer
Hi manül,

I'm having a 'small' feature request for the already great DVBViewer client.
Is it possible to implement the EDL Support when watching the recordings over the addon?

I'm using Comskip in a post process script, which is triggered by the DVBViewer Recording Service, to generate a EDL to skip commercials.

As far es I understood in PVR addons this is done by the "GetRecordingEdl" function of the API?

Maybe you can put it on your list for a future release? ;-)

Thank you very much!
Can you point me to a setup guide for Comskip? So I can see how integration might work.
RS itself doesn't have an API for EDL, as you probably know.
Hi,

I put the things together from different source and give you a short summary:

In order to get the EDL File for my recordings I set up a task in the “Recording Service Options” of RS, there in “Tasks”. I added one which calls the comskip.exe with the parameters “ -t "{SOURCE_FILE}" “.
Then I choose this task to be run after a recording is finished in “Recorder --> Recordings --> Actions --> Task after recording”.

Comskip itself is setup by “comskip.ini” in its installation directory where I only added the lines “output_edl=1” and “edl_skip_field=3” following the wiki http://kodi.wiki/view/Edl to the standard settings.
Therefore, after each recording, comskip launches in background, processes the finished recording and writes the cutlist in EDL format next to my recorded file.

So far this should be independent of the PVR plugin (except handing over the timers to RS).

If I now add my recordings folder directly to Kodis video library – as a workaround - it recognizes the EDL file at playback and the commercials will by skipped.

Watching the recording via the PVR Plugin feature ignores the EDL files
Are there any news on this?
Would be nice to see native edl support for the dvbviewer addon.
EDL support is has been integrated into PVR v3.4.4. However EDL support requires DMS 2.1.0 or later which has not been released yet.

The EDL file has to placed next to the recording. The name has to be identical to the referencing recording. The file extensions has to be ".edl". e.g. if your recording file is "Channel 1 - Some Show.ts", the corresponding edl file has to be named "Channel 1 - Some Show.edl".

Only classic mplayer edl format is supported. That is multiple lines of [start time] [end time] [action]
Frame or hour style format entries are not supported.

Thanks to @popy for working on this feature.
Nice, thx for finally implementing it the clean way [emoji3]
PS: Is there a beta of DMS 2.1.0.0 to try it out r ? Can't find it on the DVBViewer member download page.
You can try to get in contact with Griga or just wait a few more days. 2.1.0 is in release candidate state right now.
Ok, I will wait, thx for the info
http://www.dvbviewer.tv/forum/topic/5962...ent-473457
Thx for the info! Will try the edl and new DMS, when I'll find time to update to kodi 18.
Can confirm that EDL is working iwth the latest DMS 2.1.0, addon 3.4.4 and latest kodi 18 nightly.

thx a lot
pOpY
@popy  can you show me how to configure this?
I got an EDL file for my recording, but Kodi isn't EDL skipping. Only when I manually skip 10 min in the area of the commercial, then it does a EDL skip.

I have enabled EDL in the addon and the EDL file is named with same name as the recording.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EDL Support for DVBViewer0