v17 How to disable attached controllers
So in Kodi 16 there is a setting to enable/disable joysticks and gamepads. I'm trying to figure out how to do this in Krypton? With elevated settings level, there is in settings/interface settings/control entries for "peripherals" and "configure attached controllers".

In "peripherals" I have entries for all my joysticks/controllers but all I can do is click on one and Kodi puts up an OK dialog that "there are no settings available".
In "configure attached controllers" it brings up a "gamecontroller" window. I see a graphic of an xbox controller, and TBH, I have no idea what this is telling me. But I don't see any way to disable any of the controllers here either.

So, how do I disable these attached controllers? I only want keyboard and mouse input. With them enabled I see some errors in my debug log and I am trying to track down what is causing Kodi to dump all my skin variables, so would like to eliminate some possible causes of problems while troubleshooting.

scott s.
There's a joystick support add-on for v17. I tried disabling it and it seems to work, still allowing for keyboard and mouse entry.
Ah thanks for that. I had found an addon under Game Add-ons / Controller Profiles / Default controller and thought that would be it, but you aren't allowed to disable it. So I gave up. I now see the Peripheral libraries and there's Joystick Support that I can disable. If it were up to me, that would still be a setting, but at least now I can kill it.

Hopefully someone who really understands the intent of this change and write the wiki entry for it.

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to disable attached controllers0