• 150(current)
TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)
(2017-12-19, 11:45)primaeval Wrote:
(2017-12-19, 01:36)gottahavit Wrote: First, THANK YOU!  Love this with my playstation vue subscription.  Their guide it horrible

I am however having an odd issue.  I'm running on both a windows 10 machine and an nvidia shield tv.  Both running same code .377.  Both using the same xmltv file from WG+.  With every skin except the built in Dark skin, I get all the channel names displayed above the logo images in the channel list.  This ONLY happens on the nvidia shield tv and not on windows 10 machine. 

I've tried every setting I can find and I've even copied the entire addon folder from the windows machine to the android machine.

Happy to upload a screen shot if it helps.

Thanks.

That is strange. 0.17.377 works ok on my Nvidia Shield TV with the default skin on a fairly recent 18alpha build.

Are you sure you've got the 0.17.377 version, not 0.0.377?

There used to be some problem with the Kodi\Settings\Player\Media Codec settings but mine are turned on and it works ok.

Have you got a custom Kodi skin on the shield?

Let me know what Kodi Skin and Kodi version you are using. 
 I've tried all the custom skins from the repo, and only the Dark skin will render properly.  I am running 0.17.377(happened on last 2 versions as well).  I tried pull all the labels from the channel list in the skin and that got rid of the big label on channels without logos, but regardless I still get the small top left oriented label text in each cell of the guide even when there is a  logo.  If it offers any insight the other odd thing I see on the shield is that if I am watching a program and press "back" to the guide, only the program list renders and none of the surrounding elements(channel list, top program info, date, time bar).  This also does not happen on the windows PC.
(2017-12-19, 14:59)gottahavit Wrote:
(2017-12-19, 11:45)primaeval Wrote:
(2017-12-19, 01:36)gottahavit Wrote: First, THANK YOU!  Love this with my playstation vue subscription.  Their guide it horrible

I am however having an odd issue.  I'm running on both a windows 10 machine and an nvidia shield tv.  Both running same code .377.  Both using the same xmltv file from WG+.  With every skin except the built in Dark skin, I get all the channel names displayed above the logo images in the channel list.  This ONLY happens on the nvidia shield tv and not on windows 10 machine. 

I've tried every setting I can find and I've even copied the entire addon folder from the windows machine to the android machine.

Happy to upload a screen shot if it helps.

Thanks.

That is strange. 0.17.377 works ok on my Nvidia Shield TV with the default skin on a fairly recent 18alpha build.

There used to be some problem with the Kodi\Settings\Player\Media Codec settings but mine are turned on and it works ok.

I've tried all the custom skins from the repo, and only the Dark skin will render properly.  I am running 0.17.377(happened on last 2 versions as well).  I tried pull all the labels from the channel list in the skin and that got rid of the big label on channels without logos, but regardless I still get the small top left oriented label text in each cell of the guide even when there is a  logo.  If it offers any insight the other odd thing I see on the shield is that if I am watching a program and press "back" to the guide, only the program list renders and none of the surrounding elements(channel list, top program info, date, time bar).  This also does not happen on the windows PC. 
 What version of Kodi are you running?
What Kodi Skin are you using: estuary, confluence etc?
What happens when you set all the TVGF settings to Default and re-add your xmltv file?
What happens when you turn off Kodi\Settings\Player\media surface*?
(2017-12-19, 15:08)primaeval Wrote:
(2017-12-19, 14:59)gottahavit Wrote:
(2017-12-19, 11:45)primaeval Wrote: Thanks.

What happens when you set all the TVGF settings to Default and re-add your xmltv file?
Kodi 17.6
confluence
have tried, will try again shortly: UPDATE: ok, wiped everything, put everything back one file at a time.  Everything went back and worked until I restored settings.xml, that causes the label issue.  will run a diff and see what setting is causing it.  Either way it's fixed THANKS!
Turing media surface off fixed the "back to guide" rendering issue:  THANKS! not the channel name issue.
(2017-12-19, 23:24)gottahavit Wrote:
(2017-12-19, 15:08)primaeval Wrote:
(2017-12-19, 14:59)gottahavit Wrote:  I've tried all the custom skins from the repo, and only the Dark skin will render properly.  I am running 0.17.377(happened on last 2 versions as well).  I tried pull all the labels from the channel list in the skin and that got rid of the big label on channels without logos, but regardless I still get the small top left oriented label text in each cell of the guide even when there is a  logo.  If it offers any insight the other odd thing I see on the shield is that if I am watching a program and press "back" to the guide, only the program list renders and none of the surrounding elements(channel list, top program info, date, time bar).  This also does not happen on the windows PC.  
Kodi 17.6
confluence
have tried, will try again shortly
Turing media surface off fixed the "back to guide" rendering issue:  THANKS! not the channel name issue. 
 Are you sure the channel name isn't part of the channel logo?
There are some channel logos around that do that.
Post a screenshot.
(2017-12-19, 23:30)primaeval Wrote:
(2017-12-19, 23:24)gottahavit Wrote:
(2017-12-19, 15:08)primaeval Wrote:  What version of Kodi are you running?
Kodi 17.6
confluence
Post a screenshot.  
No I restored my logos with the source.db  logos and plugin urls work fine now and it appeared in the same place even when I had no logo for a channel.  I'm going to run a beyond compare on the settings.xml file.

UPDATE: FOUND IT!  it's the shortcut options in playback.  you can choose the channel number or the xmltvid, and if you do it shows over the logo.  UGGGH
(2017-12-20, 00:21)gottahavit Wrote:
(2017-12-19, 23:30)primaeval Wrote:
(2017-12-19, 23:24)gottahavit Wrote: Kodi 17.6
confluence
Post a screenshot.  
No I restored my logos with the source.db  logos and plugin urls work fine now and it appeared in the same place even when I had no logo for a channel.  I'm going to run a beyond compare on the settings.xml file. 
If you installed and used some of the other TVGF skins they do modify some of the appearance settings.
You might have turned on the channel shortcuts which are meant for using the numeric keypad for quick channel changing.
Have a look in Settings\Playback\Channel Shortcuts.
Hi,
You helped me the other day and I thought I had things under control by enabling remote access, but I am still having an issue:

I am running windows 10 with koid 18 (nightly).

When I click on a channel, the addon will search my PVR and if the channel is found it will automatically associate it. This works great.
If there are a couple of likely matches, the addoin will list them and allow me to choose. Also great.

Where I am having an issue is if the PVR name is different enough that the addon does not consider it a match, which happens occasionally. In this case I get the "choose stream" menu with the four buttons:
"strm|m3u file"  "Import Playlist" "Import PVR" "Catchup Chan...".

My thinking is that I should click the Import PVR and get a list of ALL the PVR channels so I can choose the one that is appropriate, however, when I click the IMPORT PVR button, nothing happens.

Is there some other setting I may have incorrect?

Thanks for your help.
oh but I guess I can't leave Mediacodec(surface) off.  Says it will disable 4k output.
 3.15 Missing "brightness" and "contrast" optionsIf in Kodi v15 you had brightness and contrast video playback options, but they are missing in v16, then you can re-enable them by going to Settings -> Videos -> Acceleration -> and disable only "Mediacodec (surface)". Video will still be hardware decoded, but this will disable 4K output support for 4K Android hardware.
(2017-12-20, 01:08)doktourtv Wrote: Hi,
You helped me the other day and I thought I had things under control by enabling remote access, but I am still having an issue:

When I click on a channel, the addon will search my PVR and if the channel is found it will automatically associate it. This works great.
If there are a couple of likely matches, the addoin will list them and allow me to choose. Also great.

Where I am having an issue is if the PVR name is different enough that the addon does not consider it a match, which happens occasionally. In this case I get the "choose stream" menu with the four buttons:

My thinking is that I should click the Import PVR and get a list of ALL the PVR channels so I can choose the one that is appropriate, however, when I click the IMPORT PVR button, nothing happens.

Thanks for your help.
 It's a bit unintuitive but when you do Import PVR all the channels are added to the TV Guide Fullscreen addon in addons.ini.
If you go out of Stream Setup and back in the PVR channels should be in the Addon section under TV Guide Fullscreen.
(2017-12-20, 01:09)gottahavit Wrote: oh but I guess I can't leave Mediacodec(surface) off.  Says it will disable 4k output.
 3.15 Missing "brightness" and "contrast" optionsIf in Kodi v15 you had brightness and contrast video playback options, but they are missing in v16, then you can re-enable them by going to Settings -> Videos -> Acceleration -> and disable only "Mediacodec (surface)". Video will still be hardware decoded, but this will disable 4K output support for 4K Android hardware.
Send me a screenshot so I see if what is going on and your settings.xml file.
(2017-12-20, 01:17)primaeval Wrote:

Thanks for your help.
 It's a bit unintuitive but when you do Import PVR all the channels are added to the TV Guide Fullscreen addon in addons.ini.
If you go out of Stream Setup and back in the PVR channels should be in the Addon section under TV Guide Fullscreen. 
Thanks again for the prompt reply.

I think I followed your instructions properly:

click on channel
then import pvr
then leave stream setup (back to guide)
then click on the channel
then click on ADDONS.

In doing this, I do get the TV GUIDE FULLSCREEN addon icon in the window, but clicking on it does nothing.
I did check the directory //userdata/addon_data/script.tvguide.fullscreen and the addon.ini DID populate with all the PVR channels but for some reason it is not displaying for me in the addon.
(2017-12-20, 01:18)primaeval Wrote:
(2017-12-20, 01:09)gottahavit Wrote: oh but I guess I can't leave Mediacodec(surface) off.  Says it will disable 4k output.
Here's what I get whenever I click back from playing program, when Mediacodec(surface) is enabled
(2017-12-20, 01:40)doktourtv Wrote:
(2017-12-20, 01:17)primaeval Wrote:

Thanks for your help.

click on channel
then import pvr
then click on ADDONS.

In doing this, I do get the TV GUIDE FULLSCREEN addon icon in the window, but clicking on it does nothing.
I did check the directory //userdata/addon_data/script.tvguide.fullscreen and the addon.ini DID populate with all the PVR channels but for some reason it is not displaying for me in the addon. 
Nevermind Smile I got it. I deleted the addons.ini and when it recreated it I was able to get the list.  Thanks
(2017-12-20, 01:52)gottahavit Wrote:
(2017-12-20, 01:18)primaeval Wrote:
Here's what I get whenever I click back from playing program, when Mediacodec(surface) is enabled

Have you tested it with a 4k video?

The only other workaround is maybe to use the alternative streaming method in settings\playback.
(2017-12-20, 02:05)doktourtv Wrote:
(2017-12-20, 01:40)doktourtv Wrote:
(2017-12-20, 01:17)primaeval Wrote:  It's a bit unintuitive but when you do Import PVR all the channels are added to the TV Guide Fullscreen addon in addons.ini.

click on channel
then import pvr
then click on ADDONS.

Nevermind Smile I got it. I deleted the addons.ini and when it recreated it I was able to get the list.  Thanks 
 Good. I really didn't want to have to start debugging the addons.ini code again. It got a bit complicated in there.
  • 150(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)8