• 151(current)
TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)
(2017-12-20, 02:05)primaeval Wrote:
(2017-12-20, 01:52)gottahavit Wrote:
(2017-12-20, 01:18)primaeval Wrote: Send me a screenshot so I see if what is going on and your settings.xml file.  
Here's what I get whenever I click back from playing program, when Mediacodec(surface) is enabled

Have you tested it with a 4k video?

The only other workaround is maybe to use the alternative streaming method in settings\playback. 
 The alternative streaming does not work with the PS VUE addon, but that's fine i'll just turn the setting on when I need to watch 4k.  Thanks for your help.  The bigger issues was the labels on the guide.
(2017-12-20, 02:17)gottahavit Wrote:
(2017-12-20, 02:05)primaeval Wrote:
(2017-12-20, 01:52)gottahavit Wrote: Here's what I get whenever I click back from playing program, when Mediacodec(surface) is enabled

Have you tested it with a 4k video?

The only other workaround is maybe to use the alternative streaming method in settings\playback.  
 The alternative streaming does not work with the PS VUE addon, but that's fine i'll just turn the setting on when I need to watch 4k.  Thanks for your help.  The bigger issues was the labels on the guide. 
 If it gets too annoying you could just use the normal Kodi PVR with my PVR Plugin Player addon to link up to the PS Vue addon channels.
I do keep losing my logos.  Happens on both windows and nvidia, seem random on xmltv import and isn't always all logos.  I have the "keep last logo mappings" check as I was losing almost every xmltv update.
(2017-12-23, 01:06)gottahavit Wrote: I do keep losing my logos.  Happens on both windows and nvidia, seem random on xmltv import and isn't always all logos.  I have the "keep last logo mappings" check as I was losing almost every xmltv update.
 Logos can be tricky. Are your logos included in the xmltv file?

Maybe try downloading them in Settings\Backup\Download All Channel Logos.
They end up in your addon_data folder.
Add that folder back in in Settings\Logos\External Logo Source.

Make sure all your logos match up with the channel name.
You can see the channel ids and names in some of the ini files in addon_data.
If you want to really debug what is going on open the source.db with something like DB Browser for SQLite  http://sqlitebrowser.org/
(2017-12-23, 03:28)primaeval Wrote:
(2017-12-23, 01:06)gottahavit Wrote: I do keep losing my logos.  Happens on both windows and nvidia, seem random on xmltv import and isn't always all logos.  I have the "keep last logo mappings" check as I was losing almost every xmltv update.
 Logos can be tricky. Are your logos included in the xmltv file?

Maybe try downloading them in Settings\Backup\Download All Channel Logos.
They end up in your addon_data folder.
Add that folder back in in Settings\Logos\External Logo Source.

Make sure all your logos match up with the channel name.
You can see the channel ids and names in some of the ini files in addon_data.
If you want to really debug what is going on open the source.db with something like DB Browser for SQLite  http://sqlitebrowser.org/ 
right now they are all manually mapped to images in a folder on my pc/android file system.  There are no logos in xmltv, the file names do not match channel name which is why i mapped to folder manually and checked to keep last mapping.  seem it still tries to resolve at times which is when they get lost.  will try setting up as external source
(2017-12-12, 11:05)primaeval Wrote:
(2017-12-12, 03:40)jgraver Wrote:  
 It should preserve the channel order. You haven't got Reset on Start turned on have you?
There are a couple of Settings that force a reset every time. 
I don't have Reset on Start enabled.
Order is still shuffling when it reloads the guide.xml
What other settings should I be looking at?
NOTE: the order channels in my input XML is random (could that be causing this somehow)?Thanks!
(2017-12-28, 03:45)jgraver Wrote:
 It should preserve the channel order. You haven't got Reset on Start turned on have you?
NOTE: the order channels in my input XML is random (could that be causing this somehow)?Thanks! 
 If the channels are jumping around in the xmltv file that could be the problem.
pm me your settings.xml and xmltv file and I'll see if I can spot anything.
Not sure if this was mentioned, but (in windows) if you right click on any channel you will get a menu. If you click on "channels" you will get a list of channels. There you can organize the order of the channels regardless of the order in your guide.xml. For me this works. One problem for me that I discovered and resolved, was that for some reason the addon folder was not writable and therefore the changes were not saved. I do not know how the permissions changed, but once I changed them back to allow write, I was able to organize the channel order and it remained static.
i redid my m3u list and cleaned all the files from userdata folder and let it create everything new.
all i use is my m3u.ini and guide.xml and channel logos.
everything is fine far as loading except some streams dont play and other will goto the page where it wants me to select the stream file/m3u,ect.
i have checked all the files in userdata like the autosave,channel,ect and everything looks fine,the channels that dont work or goto the above page look exactly like the ones that play fine.
if i load the same m3u intp iptv simple they work fine.

any idea what i could be missing?
(2017-12-28, 22:20)Blackbear199 Wrote: i redid my m3u list and cleaned all the files from userdata folder and let it create everything new.
all i use is my m3u.ini and guide.xml and channel logos.
everything is fine far as loading except some streams dont play and other will goto the page where it wants me to select the stream file/m3u,ect.
i have checked all the files in userdata like the autosave,channel,ect and everything looks fine,the channels that dont work or goto the above page look exactly like the ones that play fine.
if i load the same m3u intp iptv simple they work fine.

any idea what i could be missing?
 Those sorts of problems are usually a unicode issue.
Can you see anything weird in the source.db with something like http://sqlitebrowser.org/ ?
If you can't fix it pm me your files and I'll have a look.
(2017-12-28, 16:38)doktourtv Wrote:
(2017-12-12, 11:05)primaeval Wrote:  It should preserve the channel order. You haven't got Reset on Start turned on have you?
Not sure if this was mentioned, but (in windows) if you right click on any channel you will get a menu. If you click on "channels" you will get a list of channels. There you can organize the order of the channels regardless of the order in your guide.xml. For me this works. One problem for me that I discovered and resolved, was that for some reason the addon folder was not writable and therefore the changes were not saved. I do not know how the permissions changed, but once I changed them back to allow write, I was able to organize the channel order and it remained static. 
 Using Windows. That was the method I used to sort my channels. The order survives a reboot, but not fresh import of guide.xml content.
(2017-12-29, 00:18)jgraver Wrote:
(2017-12-28, 16:38)doktourtv Wrote:
 Using Windows. That was the method I used to sort my channels. The order survives a reboot, but not fresh import of guide.xml content. 
What settings might be shuffling the order of my channels?
Recap: after ordering the channels they stay put until the next guide xml import.
Thanks!
(2018-01-02, 19:45)jgraver Wrote:
(2017-12-29, 00:18)jgraver Wrote:
(2017-12-28, 16:38)doktourtv Wrote: Not sure if this was mentioned, but (in windows) if you right click on any channel you will get a menu. If you click on "channels" you will get a list of channels. There you can organize the order of the channels regardless of the order in your guide.xml. For me this works. One problem for me that I discovered and resolved, was that for some reason the addon folder was not writable and therefore the changes were not saved. I do not know how the permissions changed, but once I changed them back to allow write, I was able to organize the channel order and it remained static.  
What settings might be shuffling the order of my channels?
Recap: after ordering the channels they stay put until the next guide xml import.
Thanks! 
 If you can't fix it pm me your files and I'll have a look.
(2018-01-02, 20:21)primaeval Wrote:
(2018-01-02, 19:45)jgraver Wrote:  If you can't fix it pm me your files and I'll have a look.

Can't seem to PM (permissions?). I have the XMLs uploaded to a public share. Please PM and I will provide the link. Thanks again!
Hi, I'm generating my own xml from yo.tv. through WebGrab and once completed there is program data listed in my guide.xml file as normal.  Some of the data though doesn't seem to populate into the epg.   Some of the channels from yo.tv do have their data show up in the guide though, so I'm not sure why some channels populate and some don't.  Is there a setting somewhere that I can check?

Also, what is the yo.tv section for in Lab 2?  I searched the thread, but couldn't seem to find anything.  

Thanks
  • 151(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)8