• 5(current)
TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)
(2016-07-25, 20:20)primaeval Wrote:
(2016-07-25, 17:28)donbrew Wrote: Just a report, no logs yet. I just installed a couple of hours ago. on kodi 17 on Windows10.

While watching a stream the stream broke, bounced back to the guide, when I tried to restart the stream got an error from the app and then the guide stopped then Kodi "stopped responding".

I was just playing so no log.

Can you give me a clue? Which plugin and stream?

In my defence Kodi 17 still has lots of problems and Windows10 is the spawn of the devil. Wink

I think that it was a video addon from Israel. Yes 17 has problems, but so does 15 & 16. A least on my computer. Kodi does crash alot, but also on my RPi; probably has a lot to do with my old hardware.

I suggest changing the name of the setup stream button, I have to think about which button every time. Maybe something like "Choose Addon".
There are several Israeli TV add-ons which are using dodgy sources (and come under the banned add-on (wiki) category here). So if that is your only problematic one then you may want to try with a more reliable and respected source if one is available to you.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-07-26, 14:49)donbrew Wrote:
(2016-07-25, 20:20)primaeval Wrote:
(2016-07-25, 17:28)donbrew Wrote: Just a report, no logs yet. I just installed a couple of hours ago. on kodi 17 on Windows10.

While watching a stream the stream broke, bounced back to the guide, when I tried to restart the stream got an error from the app and then the guide stopped then Kodi "stopped responding".

I was just playing so no log.

Can you give me a clue? Which plugin and stream?

In my defence Kodi 17 still has lots of problems and Windows10 is the spawn of the devil. Wink

I think that it was a video addon from Israel. Yes 17 has problems, but so does 15 & 16. A least on my computer. Kodi does crash alot, but also on my RPi; probably has a lot to do with my old hardware.

I suggest changing the name of the setup stream button, I have to think about which button every time. Maybe something like "Choose Addon".

Your addon does a lot behind the scenes including setting up proxies which could hang or take too many resources on a rpi. There are also a lot of 1080p sports streams which the rpi doesn't handle very well if at all. I have 3 rpi's and I don't attempt to play anything over 720p. Anything that does a lot of webscaping behind the scenes can kill the rpi.

Please let me know if more addons fail, but please keep the names of banned addons hidden. Kodi doesn't need lawyer hastle.

I agree the buttons need better names or layout. "Choose stream that matches the addons you have already set up in the Setup Streams dialog" is a bit too big for a button. Wink Maybe "Addon Stream Matches". I am with Mark Twain on the issue: "I had to write a long command as I didn't have time to write a short one."

Thanks for your feedback.
Hi,

I cant get any addons to show up? why is that?

Also my interface is like, grey..?
(2016-07-28, 16:09)eikum Wrote: Hi,

It looks like you have a Polish channel? Maybe it is a unicode problem. Is there an error in your kodi.log file that I can have a look at?

The dialog is grey because I am making everything Fullscreen and simplifying the look of the addon. If anyone wants to change the look they can fork the code on Github and make a new skin.
(2016-07-28, 16:09)eikum Wrote: I cant get any addons to show up? why is that?
Regarding seeing addons on LH side of screen you are moving down into area and then using up down arrows?
And you are clicking and waiting?

primaeval

I also currently see unusual "not required" black square in top right hand area of browse add-ons window. ---edit---ahh its for Channel icon if icon folder is setup in settings----

Mix of black and grey backgrounds? are you sure Fullscreen (currently black) during update of guide is necessary?

Having said that liking the simple grey Fullscreen guide theme, generally look smart and clean Cool
RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver
(2016-07-28, 18:53)MikeKL Wrote:
(2016-07-28, 16:09)eikum Wrote: I cant get any addons to show up? why is that?
Regarding seeing addons on LH side of screen you are moving down into area and then using up down arrows?
And you are clicking and waiting?

primaeval

I also currently see unusual "not required" black square in top right hand area of browse add-ons window.

Mix of black and grey backgrounds? are you sure Fullscreen (currently black) during update of guide is necessary?

Having said that liking the simple grey Fullscreen guide theme, generally look smart and clean Cool

You are right about the big black square. It is just a place holder for the channel logo and shouldn't be there when there is no logo.

At the moment I am just trying to get all the new functionality working properly, and the interface fullscreen and minimal. There is a lot of polishing to do.

Other's have asked for a tiny transparent context menu with just the category buttons.

If anyone is interested in making it more pretty I would be glad to include their changes.
(2016-07-28, 16:09)eikum Wrote: Hi,

I think I have found your bug. I think it is because you didn't have any audio addons installed. I didn't see it because I always use iplayer www for testing which has a radio section.
Try using version 0.0.53.
Quick question - how to do you get iPlayer WWW to link up audio with the guide?

At the moment I've got the guide up and running, paired up with WebGrabPlus as the info source and iPlayer WWW, ITV Player and TV Catch-up for video sources and iPlayer WWW and Radio for audio. Everything's working, except I can only see the video channels in iPlayer WWW, not the radio ones (although I can see and add them from the Radio add-on).

I also notice that iPlayer WWW is the only add-on that actually appears under add-ons. All of the others appear under browse - is this where the addons.ini file mentioned in various places comes into play? Everything's working, but I'm just wondering about the difference.

Also one other quick pointer - you've still got a reference to ftv in the settings screen (on the start-up tab). Just in case you want to tweak it.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-07-30, 22:22)DarrenHill Wrote: Quick question - how to do you get iPlayer WWW to link up audio with the guide?

At the moment I've got the guide up and running, paired up with WebGrabPlus as the info source and iPlayer WWW, ITV Player and TV Catch-up for video sources and iPlayer WWW and Radio for audio. Everything's working, except I can only see the video channels in iPlayer WWW, not the radio ones (although I can see and add them from the Radio add-on).

I also notice that iPlayer WWW is the only add-on that actually appears under add-ons. All of the others appear under browse - is this where the addons.ini file mentioned in various places comes into play? Everything's working, but I'm just wondering about the difference.

Also one other quick pointer - you've still got a reference to ftv in the settings screen (on the start-up tab). Just in case you want to tweak it.

iPlayer WWW should show the "Radio: Listen Live" and "iPlayer: Watch Live" folders in Context Menu\Stream Setup\Browse\iPlayer WWW. If you add them both with "Add Folder" the channels should match your xmltv source when you try to play a channel.

You have to come out of the Context Menu to get them to show up in the Addon page. One day I'll find out how to get them to refresh the Addon page without restarting the dialog if possible.

You should be able to use Favourites to map the radio channels too.

If you use an imported addons.ini in the settings it will get overwritten at the next xmltv import time. Someday I'll find a way to merge them but I didn't really want ini files at all. Someone requested them.

I was looking for ftv remnants. Thanks.

[edit] When you use the Add Folder under Browse, all the links are actually added to the addons.ini file in your user_data folder.
iPlayerWWW is a dual addon with support for video and audio.

When you play audio channels the screen might be black. Press Fullscreen (tab) to show the visualisation.
OK thanks, both the browse and favourites routes work.

It's just under the add-ons tab where I only see iPlayer WWW, and there only the video channels in it. I guess maybe something in addons.ini needs tweaking or something? Is that what populate that tab?

Anyway generally speaking it's working well.

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-07-30, 23:12)DarrenHill Wrote: OK thanks, both the browse and favourites routes work.

It's just under the add-ons tab where I only see iPlayer WWW, and there only the video channels in it. I guess maybe something in addons.ini needs tweaking or something? Is that what populate that tab?

Anyway generally speaking it's working well.

I am quite confused why the Radio channels don't show up for you.

On the Browse tab click iplayer www. Then Radio: Listen Live. Then Add Folder. The middle step should look like this:

Then back out of the Stream Setup Dialog. Go back in. Select Addons and you should see the radio channels as well as video channels like this:

Have a look at your addons.ini file in userdata\addon_data\script.tvguide.fullscreen to see if they have been found properly.
When you get to the Choose Stream or Addon Matches dialog it should look something like this for BBC Radio 1:
Addons.ini only lists the video channels.

I'll look into it in more detail tomorrow and see what's happening and will try again.

Kodi Blog Posts
I don't know if it is me or not; but many times when I "remove stream" then back out to the guide and choose that channel again to get the "choose addon" screen, the stream does not stay removed.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)8