TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)
(2017-02-17, 16:14)primaeval Wrote:
(2017-02-17, 15:46)gillmacca Wrote: Let's see if any of you guys can come up with a solution for this.
In the uk, we have sky movie channels. Some of the channels change their names for a month or so (sky greats become sky star wars and then goes back to sky greats). I could leave it just as sky greats, but I like the guide to be accurate. I have no problem getting the listings, logo and changing the channel name (in the xmltv file), the problem I have is the channel will not appear in the categories under movies, if I change the channel name.
Now I know I can just add it each time they change, or I could create a separate channel and just hide it, and unhide the channel when the name changes, but I am setting this up for my dad as well, who lives elsewhere, and I'm setting it up so he can just use it, without having to change things.
Anyone have any ideas about this?

The easiest way to have complete control over a remote device is to add the stream url for the channel into the xmltv channel element. That has been possible since the original TV Guide and should work in all of them.
eg
Code:
<channel id="BBC News">
  <display-name lang="en">BBC News</display-name>
  <url>http://www.tvguide.co.uk</url>
  <stream>http://a.files.bbci.co.uk/media/live/manifesto/audio_video/simulcast/hls/uk/abr_hdtv/ak/bbc_news24.m3u8</stream></channel>
You can also force the channel mapping remotely by making a mapping file or m3u in Settings \ Optional.

It has happened again, but I think I know where the issue is, just want confirmation before I change things my end,
In my guide.xml, I have set the channel id to be the channel number, so I only change the display name. Is this why it is not staying in the category? If so, I will change back to channel id being the channel name, and setup channel numbers in the settings instead
Emby, NVIDIA Shield, QNAP

Messages In This Thread
moved by bry - by bry - 2017-01-23, 23:08
RE: TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;) - by gillmacca - 2017-02-22, 08:01
Alternate Skins? - by Kanipek - 2017-03-21, 18:06
Recording - by Kanipek - 2017-03-22, 18:20
SetUp - by francismm - 2019-05-22, 15:32
RE: SetUp - by Cangeoboy - 2019-05-23, 20:36
RE: SetUp - by M89SE - 2019-08-09, 08:09
RE: SetUp - by JQZ* - 2019-05-24, 02:47
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)8