• 105(current)
TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)
Exclamation 
The trick with using Dropbox as a web server is to change the link from
Code:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/*************/guide.xml?dl=0
to
Code:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/*************/guide.xml

@enerdude shared the magic here:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2481330
Is there a repository or website where we can download/upload alternate/user made skins?

I am loving this add-on. Just what I was looking for.

I have been trying to do a little modifying of the included skins, but not having any luck. Of course if I had any clue as to what I was doing
that would be a big help. Sadly I do not.
(2017-03-21, 18:06)Kanipek Wrote: Is there a repository or website where we can download/upload alternate/user made skins?

I am loving this add-on. Just what I was looking for.

I have been trying to do a little modifying of the included skins, but not having any luck. Of course if I had any clue as to what I was doing
that would be a big help. Sadly I do not.

There is no repo yet. Some people have shared what they have made so far.

There is @RayW1986's blue skin on the first post and @myname's skin.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2501217

@moshoodo123 was making a nice skin that some people might recognise.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2501774

@kjb85 is making a nice variation of the blue skin at the moment.

Be aware that a lot of the controls are created and modified in the code in gui.py, mainly in the onRedrawEPG function.
There are lots of invisible controls that define sizes for the epg elements.
Textures that are loaded in gui.py need to be preloaded in the xml files or they won't show up.
If you want to identify controls change the texture to something like background-cover.png to make it stand out.

The main Kodi Skinning Manual is here
http://kodi.wiki/view/XBMC_Skinning_Manual
Hello @primaeval, nice to see you around here again. I decided to use the Kodi 18, initially your tv guide was working fine until in an update (nightly) caused the following problem, the page of setup streams did not load the contents anymore, (strm / m3u, favourites, addons and search) . I think it's just because of the code in this version. But is there anything easy that you can do to fix this or is it really too complicated? Please see the screenshots below.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5R-eU...XpRZ09KZ1k
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5R-eU...VoxaDl1WXc
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5R-eU...lgteUIwMTA
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5R-eU...XNPVnRpUzg

Thanks in advance, but only one more request, it would be possible to show in the menu page the icon of the addon that is active in that particular channel? So when you need to choose a stream, you do not have to go to another page to see which addon is active and then have to return to choose a different one. Please see the image below.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5R-eU...19hR3BtOE0

Thanks again.
(2017-03-21, 19:08)Hinkel Wrote: Hello @primaeval, nice to see you around here again. I decided to use the Kodi 18, initially your tv guide was working fine until in an update (nightly) caused the following problem, the page of setup streams did not load the contents anymore, (strm / m3u, favourites, addons and search) . I think it's just because of the code in this version. But is there anything easy that you can do to fix this or is it really too complicated? Please see the screenshots below.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5R-eU...XpRZ09KZ1k
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5R-eU...VoxaDl1WXc
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5R-eU...lgteUIwMTA
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5R-eU...XNPVnRpUzg

Thanks in advance, but only one more request, it would be possible to show in the menu page the icon of the addon that is active in that particular channel? So when you need to choose a stream, you do not have to go to another page to see which addon is active and then have to return to choose a different one. Please see the image below.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5R-eU...19hR3BtOE0

Thanks again.

version 0.0.319
- Settings \ Appearance \ Show Addon in Context Menu (Default/CatBar only)

Try this for the addon info. It will only work on those 2 skins.

What is in the debug log for the Stream Setup dialog? There must be an error somewhere in there.
I've downgraded all my devices to Jarvis because the streams start much quicker for me in the guide.
@Hinkel, @primaeval

Regarding "setup streams did not load the contents anymore" this issue 1st appeared for me (and been there ever since in nightly's) between Krypton #1212b & #1213. (LibreELEC Testbuilds for RPi2)

LibreELEC Testbuilds for RPi2 (including above) can be found here

I first recorded issue in this thread here but once we established it was "Krypton to Leia" nightly build related, I realized fix would probably have to wait until others moved to Leia builds and started to mention same issue/problem.

----edit----

I found additional more recent post in this thread with additional details and logs that you responded to with thoughts at time here primaeval

Additionally a debug log after re-boot of (Leia build #0320) rpi2 and quick access into tvguide and then a context selection of a channel to attempt to view/modify stream selection setup via addons etc

Hope information is useful/helpful (and appreciate you told me already Blush)
RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver
(2017-03-21, 20:23)MikeKL Wrote: @Hinkel, @primaeval

Regarding "setup streams did not load the contents anymore" this issue 1st appeared for me (and been there ever since in nightly's) between Krypton #1212b & #1213. (LibreELEC Testbuilds for RPi2)

LibreELEC Testbuilds for RPi2 (including above) can be found here

I first recorded issue in this thread here but once we established it was "Krypton to Leia" nightly build related, I realized fix would probably have to wait until others moved to Leia builds and started to mention same issue/problem.

----edit----

I found additional more recent post in this thread with additional details and logs that you responded to with thoughts at time here primaeval

Additionally a debug log after re-boot of (Leia build #0320) rpi2 and quick access into tvguide and then a context selection of a channel to attempt to view/modify stream selection setup via addons etc

Hope information is useful/helpful (and appreciate you told me already Blush)

Thanks for the info. Leia is approaching so it might be time to fix this.
I tried the latest nightly on Win7 32bit but every time I start the guide it crashes before opening the main epg window.
I can't see where and I really don't want to start building Kodi and debugging it if I can help it.
Can you still open the guide on Windows, preferably 32bit in Kodi 18?
(2017-03-21, 21:52)primaeval Wrote: Can you still open the guide on Windows, preferably 32bit in Kodi 18?
Currently NO probably same as you? just tried with nightly build 20170320 and crashes Kodi when trying to open tvguide EPG (and been crashing like that for a little while now with krypton nightlys, not trying very regularly etc)

So annoying, just tried 32 bit version and can get kodi to work maybe once and successfully open tvguide EPG, then next time I try and open tvguide kodi crashes and every-time i restart and try to enter tvguide again, kodi crashes again

Already beginning to wonder if a re-boot of windows "initially cures" kodi crashing at 1st attempt of opening TV Guide for one or perhaps two times before provoking repetitive crashes of kodi again...

Tried on two different PC's with Win 10 64bit running latest krypton nightly of 32 bit Kodi

Will maybe try to take a look again tomorrow eve and catch/post links to kodi logs etc.
RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver
Can any one help with getting recording from the epg working?

I have had a look at the forum and I understand that some editing is required to get it working. I just can't figure out exactly
what needs to be edited and where.

I am using Windows 7 Pro x64 for this implementation, I have NextPVR setup and working for use with TV Guide Fullscreen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edit -
I seem to have got the recording/capturing to work.

How do you access the recordings? Can it be done from the add-on? Is there a way to end a recording when the program is finished? Read that there is but can't seen to find that setting.
(2017-03-22, 18:20)Kanipek Wrote: Can any one help with getting recording from the epg working?

I have had a look at the forum and I understand that some editing is required to get it working. I just can't figure out exactly

I am using Windows 7 Pro x64 for this implementation, I have NextPVR setup and working for use with TV Guide Fullscreen.

Edit -

How do you access the recordings? Can it be done from the add-on? Is there a way to end a recording when the program is finished? Read that there is but can't seen to find that setting.

The Kodi PVR and this addon are really seperate things although you can launch the PVR channels from this addon if you add them in in the Stream Setup \ Import PVR.
The PVR recording is totally seperate from this addon.

You can however record from streams in this addon if you setup the AutoPlayWith Settings to record.

The simplest way to do it is to download ffmpeg.exe for your system and point to it and a download folder in Settings \ Program Scheduler \ AutoPlayWiths

The more complicated ways are to use an external playercorefactory.xml player or a custom script.
Have a look at this file and the surrounding folder for how to do it.
addons\script.tvguide.fullscreen\resources\playwith\readme.txt
Any chance of adding a "delete guide.xmltv" file? Something I can add to a favourite?
(2017-03-22, 19:08)primaeval Wrote:
(2017-03-22, 18:20)Kanipek Wrote: Can any one help with getting recording from the epg working?

Edit -

The Kodi PVR and this addon are really seperate things although you can launch the PVR channels from this addon if you add them in in the Stream Setup \ Import PVR.

You can however record from streams in this addon if you setup the AutoPlayWith Settings to record.

The simplest way to do it is to download ffmpeg.exe for your system and point to it and a download folder in Settings \ Program Scheduler \ AutoPlayWiths

The more complicated ways are to use an external playercorefactory.xml player or a custom script.

I have configured the add-on with the PVR channels - That was the only way I could find to get the channels to actually work from the guide. So NextPVR is working. The EPG plays those channels great.

I have FFMPEG installed (NextPVR installed it) - I have pointed Settings\Program Scheduler\AutoPlayWiths to this folder.

The channels are being recorded, but I have no idea how to watch those recordings from the EPG. Is it the "Catchup" function? I added a catch up stream to a channel but not sure how it is supposed to be done.

That is where I am stuck at the moment. Channels recording, but can't access those recordings from the EPG - I assume that feature is there (watching from EPG) just can't make it work.

Sorry for the lack of knowledge on your add-on. I love it just really new at working with it.
(2017-03-22, 19:29)Kanipek Wrote:
(2017-03-22, 19:08)primaeval Wrote:

Edit -

I have configured the add-on with the PVR channels - That was the only way I could find to get the channels to actually work from the guide. So NextPVR is working. The EPG plays those channels great.

I have FFMPEG installed (NextPVR installed it) - I have pointed Settings\Program Scheduler\AutoPlayWiths to this folder.

The channels are being recorded, but I have no idea how to watch those recordings from the EPG. Is it the "Catchup" function? I added a catch up stream to a channel but not sure how it is supposed to be done.

That is where I am stuck at the moment. Channels recording, but can't access those recordings from the EPG - I assume that feature is there (watching from EPG) just can't make it work.

Sorry for the lack of knowledge on your add-on. I love it just really new at working with it.

That's good you got recording working. It usually takes about 30 emails to help someone out with that. Wink

I haven't integrated the recording into Catchup. The recordings simply end up in the folder you chose and can be accessed from the normal Kodi \ Video \ Files section.

The Catchup function can get a bit complicated too. It relies on the addon Meta4Kodi or a fork of it. You can set the fork you want to use in the Settings.
You have to setup Players for it which search in your addons. For example there is one that searches the iPlayerWWW addon for BBC programs.
You might have to do a bit of digging with Google. Be careful that there are some Players for banned addons.

The iSearch function is similar and uses Super Favourites searches. There are a few extra addon searches setup there if you use Super Favourites from spoyser's repo.
I added a copy of his searches if you use the MySearch option.
(2017-03-22, 19:46)primaeval Wrote:
(2017-03-22, 19:29)Kanipek Wrote:
(2017-03-22, 19:08)primaeval Wrote: The Kodi PVR and this addon are really seperate things although you can launch the PVR channels from this addon if you add them in in the Stream Setup \ Import PVR.

That's good you got recording working. It usually takes about 30 emails to help someone out with that. Wink

I haven't integrated the recording into Catchup. The recordings simply end up in the folder you chose and can be accessed from the normal Kodi \ Video \ Files section.

The Catchup function can get a bit complicated too. It relies on the addon Meta4Kodi or a fork of it. You can set the fork you want to use in the Settings.
You have to setup Players for it which search in your addons. For example there is one that searches the iPlayerWWW addon for BBC programs.
You might have to do a bit of digging with Google. Be careful that there are some Players for banned addons.

The iSearch function is similar and uses Super Favourites searches. There are a few extra addon searches setup there if you use Super Favourites from spoyser's repo.
I added a copy of his searches if you use the MySearch option.

So I am working to the limits of the add-on. That is good to know. I will stop scratching my head then.

From what I have read you are doing this for the love of coding. That is great. But you really should setup a donation account. Let us show you the love of your work.

Do you have a Wiki for your add-on(s)? I have looked but don't find anything but the basic github version. It would really help to know what the various settings do/mean - I had (obviously)
no clue what you mean by "Catchup" this would be HUGE for newbs like me.

No requests from me but I would love to hear what your plans are for the add-on going forward - Like playback of recordings from EPG (sounds like a request don't read it that way) etc. PM
me if that would be better.

Are logos always such a PITA? I have logos for every channel in one folder and it picked up maybe 5. Naming? Logo size? I added the missing ones and they worked.

Keep up the great work!
(2017-03-22, 20:07)Kanipek Wrote: So I am working to the limits of the add-on. That is good to know. I will stop scratching my head then.

From what I have read you are doing this for the love of coding. That is great. But you really should setup a donation account. Let us show you the love of your work.

Do you have a Wiki for your add-on(s)? I have looked but don't find anything but the basic github version. It would really help to know what the various settings do/mean - I had (obviously)
no clue what you mean by "Catchup" this would be HUGE for newbs like me.

No requests from me but I would love to hear what your plans are for the add-on going forward - Like playback of recordings from EPG (sounds like a request don't read it that way) etc. PM
me if that would be better.

Are logos always such a PITA? I have logos for every channel in one folder and it picked up maybe 5. Naming? Logo size? I added the missing ones and they worked.

Keep up the great work!

I'm the same as most devs. Love coding. Hate documenting. Wink
There are some readme help files in the addon folder. The changelog is useful.
If you do a Search in this thread for the full text of the Setting I usually explain it in a post about a new version with that feature.

The addon is quite complicated because people keep asking for extra features and I keep adding them.
I don't expect there will be too much added to this now. Just bug fixes and minor features.
I've lost my enthusiasm for it after the episode a couple of months ago.

What is an example of a channel logo it couldn't find?
What is the channel called and what is the filename of the logo?
  • 105(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)8