Please help Streaming *already networked * folders to xbmc
you should just hook your other xbox into the router then Wink
Take this with a grain of salt because i'm pretty sure i'm quite a bit off...but here's how i think of connection sharing vs bridging.
When you use connection sharing, your computer essentially becomes a router through which other clients can connect. This means a new ip range, subnet(possibly?), and dhcp server. Since clients on the other side of the computer are on a different network, they can't see the workgroup outside of that network.
Bridging is a little different. Instead of the computer becoming the host, clients connect through its network adapters and communicate with your router.

Like I said, probably way off, but that's how i conceptualize it.
Oh also, you can only have one of these enabled. It's either a network bridge or ICS but not both.
well what good is having a network bridge if I can't share files? I mean the whole point is tostream media to my xbox, right? I'm not sure I follow Tongue
ICS only shares a connection, not your files.
By bridging your connection, it allows your xbox to connect to the same network where you should be able to browse the same workgroups.
ooOoo... I see. I'll try that out asap. How about actually connecting to the internet though?
every time i've used it, it just worked....so i don't have much help to offer there.

My guess is just to check your router settings to make sure you'll still be able to connect.
Undecided Dang. I tried bridging the network but for some reason I couldn't connect to the internet through wireless. It was weird, it would say it was connected to the network, yet I couldn't ping any other computers on the network and I couldn't access the router... any ideas?
i finally got mine to bridge without locking my computer up. When I got connected, both the wireless and wired nic said they had no connectivity, but the bridge had an ip address. I could access the web on my computer and on the xbox I hooked it up to, as well as my network shares.

Check the ip address of your bridge to see if it is valid for your network.
yeah i first set it to automatically find an ip adress, but that didn't work. Then i just set it to the default ip adress i set up as the standard lease under my router for my wireless. still nothing.
Windows XP Home Networking: Building Network Bridges
^^check troubleshooting section

Bridge May Not Work With a Non-Promiscuous Mode Network Adapter

Windows XP Bridging and Media Support for Home Networking

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Please help Streaming *already networked * folders to xbmc0