Quick thumbnail question
I am having an issue with TV Show thumbnails specifically the folder icons. I ran a thetvdb.com scan on my full TV Shows folder. This worked great for 80% of my content. A few of the folders got bad thumbnails for instance I have a folder titled "Clerks Animated Series" and it got the thumbnail of the Alf TV Show instead.

So the way I would figure to fix it is to set that folders content to None and it asks me if I want to remove all info for it. I say yes but the Alf TV Show thumbnail is still on the Clerks folder. So I restart and clean the video database in the settings and that stubborn thumbnail is still there.

So how do I remove thumbnails that I don't want or were wrongly looked up?

Thanks in advance,
Kye
hmmm.... you could clear the entire cache.. but that will delete all fo the icons that aren't actually folder.jpg in the episodes folder. I would suggest jsut going through and adding icons automatically to your media on your computer (it is streamed I assume?) I know it can take a while, but I suggest it for reasons just like this. Of course, i'm anal about my media though (i'm the kind of person that will manually go through *every* video file and rename it to [season#]x[epsidoe#] - [name]. Tongue
If you want though, you can just download the icons that imdb got wrong and put them in a folder that is being streamed, preferably the folder of the actual file. Then you can go to the file, press white, go to information, go to get thumb and then browse for the icon on your computer. that works for movies at least, I'm not sure about tv shows. I found the library function to be a pain when dealing with my tv shows
If there's not a large amount that were wrongly looked up, you can do a manual lookup to correct it. Just view the information for that show, and select refresh. When you do this it will prompt you for the show you're trying to look up. If it finds the show you're looking for, then you can select a new thumbnail. That button is also in the TV Show Information window.

As far as deleting thumbnails goes...they're located at $XBMCROOT&/UserData/Thumbnails/Video

I find it helpful to modify the UserData/AdvancedSettings.xml file to include .tbn files as picture types. This way you can browse through the thumbnails to find the right one to delete.

My advancedsettings.xml file looks like this:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
[INDENT]<pictureextensions>[/INDENT]
[INDENT][INDENT]<add>.tbn</add>[/INDENT][/INDENT]
[INDENT]</pictureextensions>[/INDENT]
</advancedsettings>

Hope this helps!
You can also do it via the File Manager
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Yeah I think i'll have to scan thru the thumbnails/video files and delete it manually.

I think XBMC should be updated that if you change a folder that was set to either movie or tv show content to none. Then it should delete the associated thumbnail file with it because obviously you wouldn't want it anymore if your changing it to none.

Doesn't it seem strange that it asks are you sure you want to delete all info for this folder but it doesn't delete the thumbnail?

Thanks for all your help everybody. I'll search thru the thumbnails/video folder right now for the bad thumbnails.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Quick thumbnail question0