Linux HOW TO: Minimal Ubuntu 16.04 with Kodi, Steam & EmulationStation
(2016-12-03, 05:24)psxstudio Wrote: Thanks for the write up!!! I do have 1 question though... what video card do you guys recommend to run steam? I'm currently using an old nvidia geforce gt 610 and using kodibuntu. I chose 610 for silent operations when i build the HTPC few years ago. I'll be switching over to this setup when time permits.

I have heard good things about the Zotac GTX 750 Ti, or perhaps one of the new 10xx series from Nvidia. AMD could also be a good choice, there is a lot of work going into their open-source driver these days. You could also post your question to LinuxHardware sub-Reddit.

My box is only running an Intel Skylake CPU with the integrated HD-530. Works well for emulators and most indie games.

(2016-12-03, 15:58)sveni_lee Wrote: I try to get it work with the Advanced Emulator Launcher... it works so far but I have problems with the resolution...
KODI has the right resolution 1920x1080 but when I start the dolphin-emu I always get the wrong resolution...
I don`t know how to solve it...

any ideas?

What resolution have you selected in Dolphin? Have a look at the Dolphin documentation on how to change your resolution.

Messages In This Thread
RE: HOW TO: Minimal Ubuntu 16.04 with Kodi, Steam & EmulationStation - by solbero - 2016-12-03, 18:21
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO: Minimal Ubuntu 16.04 with Kodi, Steam & EmulationStation4