Linux HOW TO: Minimal Ubuntu 16.04 with Kodi, Steam & EmulationStation
@solbero: I have the same issue as asphixmx. If i want to start any entry of the emulationstation, it doesn't start.

I installed EmulationStation with RetroPie for x86-systems to get a better emulation environment. RetroPie x86

There are some executable command line scripts, for example the retropie_setup.sh, that don't start. It doesn't matter which entry I try to start.

I tried to activate logging in Kodi, but there is no entry with emulationstation.

You suggested to add > ~/es-log.txt at the and of a command, so I tried for the SNES section as you see in the following code box. The file appears in my home directory, but it has no content.

Code:
<system>
    <name>snes</name>
    <fullname>Super Nintendo</fullname>
    <path>/home/htpc/RetroPie/roms/snes</path>
    <extension>.bin .smc .sfc .fig .swc .mgd .zip .BIN .SMC .SFC .FIG .SWC .MGD .ZIP</extension>
    <command>/opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh 0 _SYS_ snes %ROM%  > ~/es-log.txt$
    <platform>snes</platform>
    <theme>snes</theme>
  </system>

The problem seems to appear only in die kodi-openbox-session.
If I start EmulationStation from Unity Desktop and start a rom, everthing works fine.

Do you have some more suggestions to find a solution?

I really want to use the openbox-session because I'm using a Zbox Nano CI320 with very bad graphics hardware and running other graphical applications like Unity Desktop wouldn't be well. Confused

Greetings

Nicke

Messages In This Thread
RE: HOW TO: Minimal Ubuntu 16.04 with Kodi, Steam & EmulationStation - by Nickelino - 2017-01-21, 21:22
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO: Minimal Ubuntu 16.04 with Kodi, Steam & EmulationStation4