Linux HOW TO: Minimal Ubuntu 16.04 with Kodi, Steam & EmulationStation
(2017-01-22, 00:34)Nickelino Wrote: @gammelobst: This script is very long and I'm not really good in shell scripting. So i cannot say where could be the issue with it.

I do not post the file here because it's too long.

Here is the Link to the file in the developer's git repository. I think it's basically the same:
runcommand.sh

EDIT: ...and thanks for your litte hint Big Grin I said very bad because Steam says running in big picture mode that the graphics memory is too low and I found no way to increase it.... HuhSad That's bad Tongue

Greetings

Nicke

ok, this script is a little longer - but it will install itself to /opt and i hope it will not break my system so i'll install and play with it a bit...

for the Steam - graphics memory to low thing - as far as i noticed this is only important if you want to start a game locally - for in-home-streaming only va-api and pulseaudio is required.
I stream with 1920x1080@60Hz without any problem that is not also happening on my steam-link in the bedroom and in the bathroom. (like green-screen in Castlevania) But as i said - this is also happening on my steam-links so not a specific BayTrail-Issue.
I also tried different things to make steam recognize the video-ram correctly - until i tried streaming, which is perfectly smooth and no noticeable lag - so i can live with the laggy steam-ui for selecting a game as i am here for streaming not for being idle in big-picture-mode. Real bad graphics hardware would leave us alone with cpu-decoding the stream which could need a little more CPU-power as we have in our boxes...

cya

Messages In This Thread
RE: HOW TO: Minimal Ubuntu 16.04 with Kodi, Steam & EmulationStation - by gammelobst - 2017-01-22, 01:14
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO: Minimal Ubuntu 16.04 with Kodi, Steam & EmulationStation4