Linux HOW TO: Minimal Ubuntu 16.04 with Kodi, Steam & EmulationStation
@gammelobst

Your solution with the gnome-terminal parameter is a very nice workarround!
But when I start RetroPie now, it closes Kodi, opens the Terminal and Emulationstation and Kodi appears again, so I have 3 windows open. Is it possible to stop Kodi from launching till Emulationstation is closed?

I followed the steps of your bash_history and created the /etc/X11/xorg.conf with the content of yours and it works better now. I will spectate it the days but seems to be fine now.

I think I updated the BIOS but today I'm not really shure, here are some specs that I found in the BIOS' main page:

BIOS Information:
Project Version: B219P 020 x64
Build Date and Time: 11/28/2014

TXE Information:
Sec RC Version: 00.05.00.00
TXE FW Version: 01.01.02.1120

I tried a lot of operating systems (Debian, Ubuntu, Kodibuntu, Windows 8.1, OpenELEC and LibreELEC) and everytime I had an issue with the frames. This is the first time it works.

I looked after the platic thing on the heat platform but there was only this green heat transfer thing on it.
No worries about the warranty, the Zbox has more than 2 years and I think here in Germany after this time its already gone.

The shuttering was in all of my tested videos. I think it was in place all the time but in the videos I could see it clearly.
I tested it with Netflix in Google-Chrome and from a UPNP-server (Serviio) transcoding a mkv-video with 1080p.

I dont know what you mean with the refresh-rate multiplier? Is it a setting in the Kodi-configs?

Greetings

Nicke

Messages In This Thread
RE: HOW TO: Minimal Ubuntu 16.04 with Kodi, Steam & EmulationStation - by Nickelino - 2017-01-29, 03:07
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO: Minimal Ubuntu 16.04 with Kodi, Steam & EmulationStation4