Linux HOW TO: Minimal Ubuntu 16.04 with Kodi, Steam & EmulationStation
(2017-01-29, 03:07)Nickelino Wrote: @gammelobst

Your solution with the gnome-terminal parameter is a very nice workarround!
I wouldn't call it a workaround as it is needed to display the dialog. It would be a workaround if i could capture the text and insert in in a GUI-window...
Quote:But when I start RetroPie now, it closes Kodi, opens the Terminal and Emulationstation and Kodi appears again, so I have 3 windows open. Is it possible to stop Kodi from launching till Emulationstation is closed?
Have you readded your own fix for the multiple-kodi-session problem? Because after implementing this kodi is closed on my box, but never automatically reopened. I have to use the mouse to restart kodi, but this is by far the least worst thing. I live with it until i find a better solution
Maybe we could implement a service that autostarts kodi after some time if no other program and/or window are open
Quote:I followed the steps of your bash_history and created the /etc/X11/xorg.conf with the content of yours and it works better now. I will spectate it the days but seems to be fine now.
nice to hear Blush
Quote:I think I updated the BIOS but today I'm not really shure, here are some specs that I found in the BIOS' main page:

BIOS Information:
Project Version: B219P 020 x64
Build Date and Time: 11/28/2014

TXE Information:
Sec RC Version: 00.05.00.00
TXE FW Version: 01.01.02.1120

I tried a lot of operating systems (Debian, Ubuntu, Kodibuntu, Windows 8.1, OpenELEC and LibreELEC) and everytime I had an issue with the frames. This is the first time it works.
Strange, i've updated the bios once i got my ZBox and Kodibuntu was running perfectly while OpenELEC froze after some time (missing Kernel-Parameter as i know now), but running smoothly at video playback
Quote:I looked after the platic thing on the heat platform but there was only this green heat transfer thing on it.
No worries about the warranty, the Zbox has more than 2 years and I think here in Germany after this time its already gone.
I'm from Germany too, so english would not be necessary, but in an english forum...
Quote:The shuttering was in all of my tested videos. I think it was in place all the time but in the videos I could see it clearly.
I tested it with Netflix in Google-Chrome and from a UPNP-server (Serviio) transcoding a mkv-video with 1080p.
Which is exactly the other way i use it for. Why do you transcode the mkv before playing, as kodi could play it directly from a samba share and import it in it's database?
The database could also be located at the streaming server for network usage
Quote:I dont know what you mean with the refresh-rate multiplier? Is it a setting in the Kodi-configs?
I mean playing a 25fps video with a refresh rate of 25Hz or a multiple of it(50 or 75Hz)
Quote:Greetings

Nicke

cya

Messages In This Thread
RE: HOW TO: Minimal Ubuntu 16.04 with Kodi, Steam & EmulationStation - by gammelobst - 2017-01-29, 12:12
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO: Minimal Ubuntu 16.04 with Kodi, Steam & EmulationStation4