Linux HOW TO: Minimal Ubuntu 16.04 with Kodi, Steam & EmulationStation
@gammelobst:

Hi,

its a little bit confusing with the kodi-runprogram-script because in my case meanwhile it works correctly with both the original script and my solution.

For now I prefer the media server DLNA solution because the server isn't running alle the time and my home is a completely Linux environment and I don't want to use SMB shares. I prefer NFS in this case but since Ubuntu 16.04 it is really hard to get NFS working correctly. The clients which mount the NFS-shares hang at the shutdown sequence when the share isn't reachable anymore. Thats the reason why I Use DLNA nowadays.

I found out that if I use your /etc/X11/xorg.conf I cannot login to Unity anymore. If i type in the password on the login screen and push login the screen goes black for 1 second and then I'm on the login screen again. So I deleted reanmed it and now the shuttering is back :-(

Can you say me, how the repositories are called, to install the follwoing packages?
I tried to found out the names with Google but didn't found the them.

Code:
sudo apt-get install xf86-video-intel lib32-mesa-libgl lib32-libva-intel-driver

Greetings

Nicke

Messages In This Thread
RE: HOW TO: Minimal Ubuntu 16.04 with Kodi, Steam & EmulationStation - by Nickelino - 2017-02-01, 17:07
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO: Minimal Ubuntu 16.04 with Kodi, Steam & EmulationStation4