Linux HOW TO: Minimal Ubuntu 16.04 with Kodi, Steam & EmulationStation
Quote:If I look at the path "Root/media/" in Kodi there is not my hard disk but a folder with the user-name of Ubuntu (i can´t open it). Since I have installed usbmount there are additionally still 7 folders with the names USB1 to USB7 there (also can´t open it). If i start kodi from the ubuntu-GUI (with the Ubuntu user) the hard disk is available.
The usb0 to usb7 are created by usbmount and your hard drive should be symbolically linked to one of them. Run the command ls -l /media/ through SSH while in Kodi. Post the output to a pastebin and link to it here.

Quote:Btw: if i exit Kodi and login to ubuntu-GUI, can i go back to Kodi?
You need to specify the session you would like to log into. There should be a small icon in the top right side when you are on the login screen. The icon should look like the Lubuntu logo. Click that and select kodi-openbox from the drop down. Then log in.

Btw, how many users have you created? You use Het for Kodi, and I guess you have also created an admin account. Any more?

Messages In This Thread
RE: HOW TO: Minimal Ubuntu 16.04 with Kodi, Steam & EmulationStation - by solbero - 2017-03-21, 23:38
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO: Minimal Ubuntu 16.04 with Kodi, Steam & EmulationStation4