Constantly buffering
Will Kodi ever work properly soon? I have the recent 16.1 set up on two machines and I am constantly getting buffering as I am watching movies. It's ridiculous. Netflix works great. Youtube works great. All other streaming services work great. And if I want to search for the same movie without using Kodi, even that works great. But Kodi, for some reason, always buffers, slows down, pixelates, skips, stops. I know it's not my wifi, because I am plugged in using an ethernet and I have a 50MB plan. I love Kodi, but man it is so frustrating how often movies and TV shows constantly buffer and take forever loading. I am thinking about just doing my own search for things in a browser and just watching things that way instead because that seems to work flawlessly. I like using Kodi because you can search for everything under the sun and then some.
where are you getting the movies from?
If you're getting your movies and tv shows from any of the addons listed at http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rul...ed_add-ons then you've come to the wrong place, those addons are nothing to do with us and as they stream pirated material detailed discussion is banned from this forum.
(2016-07-13, 16:22)greyhaven Wrote: Will Kodi ever work properly soon? I have the recent 16.1 set up on two machines and I am constantly getting buffering as I am watching movies. It's ridiculous. Netflix works great. Youtube works great. All other streaming services work great. And if I want to search for the same movie without using Kodi, even that works great. But Kodi, for some reason, always buffers, slows down, pixelates, skips, stops. I know it's not my wifi, because I am plugged in using an ethernet and I have a 50MB plan. I love Kodi, but man it is so frustrating how often movies and TV shows constantly buffer and take forever loading. I am thinking about just doing my own search for things in a browser and just watching things that way instead because that seems to work flawlessly. I like using Kodi because you can search for everything under the sun and then some.

Kodi does not come with content or the ability to search for content. You are describing 3rd party (most likely the ones that give access to pirated content and are banned from discussion here) add-ons that you have installed. I would suggest you direct your complaints to the developers of those add-ons.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
Quote:I am thinking about just doing my own search for things in a browser and just watching things that way instead because that seems to work flawlessly.
Then why not? http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=170965

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Constantly buffering1