Where does Kodi get the Composer from?
Looking at this MB entry who ever created it used "Barber" in the albumartist and albumartists, but "Samuel Barber" in artist, artists and composer tags. No idea if this meets the MB standards per se, from what I have seem some people do it that way others don't.

Of course you are not a slave to Picard, and when I have had things like that I have just edited the tags to all read "Samuel Barber". Much of classical music tagging still has manual adjustments to be made.

I want to implement an alias name facility in Kodi to cover this kind of issue, but that won't happen in v17 (not enough time). Meanwhile mixed names for an individual can cause some confusion, even with mbids to identify them uniquely.

At the moment Kodi takes the first name it gets with an artist mbid as the name. If this was the first Barber album scanned into the library will unfortunately create an entry for 74ed34ce-ee95-44e9-a87d-4d2d5056c24a as "Barber", because album artist is the first entry it encounters but "Samuel Barber" will be held in the song artist desciption, and gets displayed in some places.

"Baber" will then be what you see in the artists node or in a custom node of composers despite that the composer tag said "Samuel Barber". You see album artist gave mbid a name, artist had a different name for that mbid and composer matched the artist name so identified ineffect the composer mbid. I know that taking the first scanned does not give the user the control over which of a number of alias names gets used, but it is where we currently are.

I will have a think an see if there is a way that Kodi can make a better job of this default Picard tagging before we have an alias facility. Meanwhile the work aboud is to change the albumartist and albumartists tags in Picard to say "Samuel Barber".

Make any sense?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Where does Kodi get the Composer from? - by DaveBlake - 2016-07-16, 17:13
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Where does Kodi get the Composer from?0