OpenDML AVI files works only in MPlayer if -noidx is handed
using the 2006.01.24 build i cant get large open dml videos to open. the same files open fine with 2005.01.18 build.
anybody with the same problem?
a patch has now been submitted to the mplayer-dev-eng mailing-list that fixes this (that's mplayer for linux), can this patch be please ported by someone to the mplayer version in xbmc?

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.vide...evel/31404
Quote:date: tue, 24 jan 2006 14:14:14 +0100 (cet)
subject: [mplayer-dev-eng] [patch] problem opening avi/odml files with idx option.

current mplayer seems to have a problem opening some avi files with
opendml's inside when using the -idx option.
in fact many geexbox users complained us about being unable to open some
divx files (but as most of them aren't power users they can't provide us
precise info but by divx i guess they were talking about .avi files) and
we do have the idex=yes param in our mplayer.conf file.

here's a sample of a broken avi file that let you reproduce the bug (3mb) :

http://geexbox.org/~ben/idx.avi

so basically, it plays fine using -noidx (default) or -forceidx but ends
up immediatly using -idx.

output is :

odml (03tx): [0] 0x0000000015a1fdc6 0x0028 1
list_end=0x46a
avi: dmlh found (size=248) (total_frames=62631)
list_end=0xfff4
hdr=software size=42
software : avi-mux gui 1.16.11, dec 15 2004 14:51:34
list_end=0x111f18
found movie at 0x10000 - 0x111f18
reading index block, 356 chunks for 133 frames (fpos=0x111f20)
additional riff header...
list_end=0x15a1fdee
found movie at 0x10000 - 0x15a1fdee
cache_stream_seek: warning! can't seek to 0x15a1fdee !
avi index offset: 0x0 (movi=0x10000 idx0=0x4 idx1=0x18c)
auto-selected avi audio id = 1
auto-selected avi video id = 0
chunkoffset out of range! idx=0x4
chunkoffset out of range! idx=0x18c
chunkoffset out of range! idx=0x284
cache_stream_seek: warning! can't seek to 0x17ff177e !
ds_fill_buffer: eof reached (stream: video)
avi: missing video stream!? contact the author, it may be a bug

vo: x11 uninit called but x11 not inited..

exiting... (end of file)

attached is a patch that should restore a good behavior (i.e reading
opendml index if one is found and idx=yes).

ben
-------------- next part --------------
a non-text attachment was scrubbed...
name: patch-idx.diff
type: text/x-patch
size: 483 bytes
desc: not available
url : /pipermail/attachments/20060124/4a89a517/patch-idx-0001.bin

------------------------------
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
after wondering why some of my anime and movies files weren't working in xbmc, i decided to poke around a little bit. i found out that most of opendml files work fine in xbmc(except the large ones over 2gb), and the only ones having trouble are ones with errors in their vbr audio tracks, mostly using lame mp3 as an audio codec. i also tested most of these files in other players(including mplayer), and most of them worked fine without doing anything to them. i found out about these errors anytime i loaded up the videos in virtual dub.

using this tutorial helped me get most of these files to work.

hope this helps some people.

hi, i bought the king kong dvd, ripped it like i do with every other movie, same settings, etc.

since king kong is 3 hours it's a lot larger than most movies, the problem is when i try to navigate it in xbmc it won't let me skip back or forward, it just keeps going to the same spot. never had this problem with any other movie, it's playing locally, not off the network.

any ideas?
opendml is known to be broken for > 2gb files hence no index hence no seeking.
so breaking the file in 2 would be the only work around then?
yes, until someone fixes mplayer. actually, just to try it, try selecting play using.. in the context menu, then dvdplayer.
tried to get a solution over at doom9.org, but nobody repsonded. thought i would try here. when i batch encode to xvid with autogk, xbmc and mplayer on my pc will not ff or chapter skip on the second movie encoded and on. the first movie encoded works fine. mplayer gives me an error of "cannot search on raw avi. try rebuilding the index" does anybody know what this means, how can i rebuild the index, or is there a fix in autogk?

thanks
Question 
Just a quick query before I head into some troubleshooting.

Didn't the whole AVI over 2gb OpenDML not working properly in Mplayer thing get sorted a few years back? I thought the fast forward, skipping, seeking etc now worked in AVI's over 2GB?

Only reason i ask is I'm having seek and FF/RW problems with >2gb xvids and searching the forums here seems to indicate the problem was resolved back in about 2004 but the WIKI still says that it wasn't and the 2gb limit is still there for seeking etc to work.

Could one of the DEV's just give me a Yes or No and I'll proceed accordingly.

thanks

Pete
Further to this, compiled latest SVN, still the same problems but the movies work 100% OK when played with the DVDPlayer.

I'm going to remux one to see if the header is the problem as on the Mac I've found VLC has no problems but QT can't seek or skip ( but then QT is retarded as it can't recognise the anamorphic anymore either!!)
Thumbs Up 
OK, I'll add this on even though it has been suggested before just in case someone else wants the info.

I've now remuxed all my Xvid movies into MKV containers. I use a Mac and the best solution I found is MkvMerge ( part of the MKVToolnix package)
Just add the movies one by one to the job queue ( don't forget to cmd-n before each new movie) and then let it do it's stuff. ( you'll need lots of extra space if you want to do them all at once!)

The newly created mkv files happily seek etc in Mplayer now regardless of size.

Cheers

Pete
Hi,
first I would like to say that XBMC is a great peace of software. Thanks to the devs!

But now to the problem:
In avi files (encoded with xvid) bigger than 2 GB, seek, forward, rewind, ect. does not work with MPlayer. Only If I rebuild the Index. In DVDPlayer they work fine.
If I remux the files with "mencoder -of avi -ovc copy oac -copy -o file.remuxed.avi file.avi" on my linux laptop seeking ff/rw works.

my XBMC version is:
XBMC-SVN_2008-01-06rev_11247-T3CH

I also tested it with the latest t3ch-build
XBMC-SVN_2008-07-28rev_14439-T3CH
but same problem.

p.s.
I think it's a XBMC related issue, cause on my laptop the Linux and Windows Versions of MPlayer are able to seek in those files.
aquafresh Wrote:Hi,
first I would like to say that XBMC is a great peace of software. Thanks to the devs!
I mean piece not peace of course ... Big Grin

p.s.
is the no option to edit a post?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenDML AVI files works only in MPlayer if -noidx is handed0