[Short] Film issues - should they work?
I have at least 3 short films (sub 30 minutes) which I have difficulty getting working in Kodi.
Are these supported as a filetype / mediatype "Movie"? Anyone know? I generally get the "No information found for item" in the log file.

P.S Off topic.
Seriously any developers, I'm offering a paypal bounty at this point.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=260597 PLEASE consider addressing this UI bug.
http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/16642#ticket
Generally Kodi plays just about anything I throw at it, there have been a few rare exceptions. You need to tell us what type of archive you have perhaps using a tool like MediaInfo (wiki) and if requested supply a few seconds of the clip if asked.

Great that you're offering a paypal bounty bounty for issues, but a donation to the overall project gets more respect.
I meant more that would it actually identify and categorise a short movie under "movies" - if you get me? Like there's only 2 media types, TV or movies.

I've had issues with 2 shorts not scanning - I'm not SURE if any of my others have either.

I have donated, a long long long time ago, when it was still XBMP Smile I may do so again but I like the paypal bounty idea because I really want that damn bug to get attention Sad
Is your short movie on tmdb? If not add it.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
To set up different categories you might want to investigate Video nodes (wiki) but there is no reason your shorts will not show up in the general 'movie' category, unless as 'nickr' suggests, the scraper database just doesn't have a listing yet (and yes you can add to the meta-data of the database site ,then everyone befits) or create your own Custom video entries (wiki) primarily used for home videos.

I've run into this issue myself, and have handled these listing in various ways, from file mode folders through to custom nodes Add-on:Super Favourites (wiki). I suspect if the short is a commercial variety, you might find the listing in one of the many meta-database sites, but you might have to look beyond simple scrapers (look for a browser search to turn up a tt# that might be inserted directly into the Kodi scraper) or end up plugging into a custom .nfo Keeping this issue alive in the forums, effectively brings this issue to the attention of those who could help.

As a long time user, I'm sure you are aware that their are 'millions' of Kodi users, and a few bucks from one user isn't going to do it. The project is enormous, millions of lines of code, many developers, and a huge team effort working feverishly to bring Kodi to the fore, there's going to be shortcomings as new equipment comes to market, road map diversions and bug stomping. The overall health of the project requires that we all do our part, which also includes regular donations to facilitate development meetings to help resolve some of the most pressing issues users have. Not the least would be the future of this open source free software.

Let's look at this from a slightly different perspective, if this was commercial software you would have had to put a price tag of $100+ not to mention the updates and iterations commercial products charge. To keep this product viable, we need everyone's support, and yes this is a beg to turn your name into the tag 'Doner'.
Yep, best to think of it like this

Movies = any standalone video entry

TV shows = a series of many video entries grouped together

The fact that they're called "movies" and "tv shows" is just a technicality.
I think I worded my post poorly, it's not that I want to differentiate shorts, I don't mind them being included in Movies, my key issue is that several of them, /outright/ seem to refuse to import into my library with correct identification - my (assumption!??..) is that Kodi is refusing to even bother checking IMDB for the entries for these shorts because "movie length is sub 30 minutes, must not be a movie?" (Like I said it's an assumption)

Hence the question, to confirm if Kodi is being weird to me.
Here are 2 which seem to refuse to identify despite many variations of filename:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0048980/reference
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0000417/reference

As for my request about the issue with the filter reset, I realise $10 is poor money but it was just an idea to try to get the bug bumped, it's now at 5 months and still not assigned.
I may donate (again!) soon - but I did donate, before these forums existed. I've been using this app since it was called XBMP Smile

(god help me the issues under iOS make me want to abandon it for Plex though)
You should be able to add those movies using the Universal Movie Scraper, and directly typing in the tt number of the movie when it can't find it by name. So you would type in tt0048980 for the first one.
If I recall correctly there might be a setting for not scraping short movies. I do have red balloon in my library.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I can confirm that manually entering the tt code worked for me. When I tried to scrape my Quay Brothers short films it was they only way it would work.
Is that because you haven't entered them in themoviedb yet?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Short] Film issues - should they work?0