v17 Composer Tag causing double tracks
This may be the wrong place to post this, and it may be addressed already elsewhere, but I couldn't find it. Please kindly redirect if it needs to be addressed elsewhere.

I am running the 07/31 Krypton nightly on an NVIDIA SHIELD TV.

I have an issue where, when scraping any album with a tag in the COMPOSER field into the database, each track is added twice. If I remove the composer tag and rescrape the album, the tracks all appear only once.

Thanks.
Split from the main testing thread so it doesn't get lost.

That is odd and unexpected behaviour. Can you let me see one or two tracks from this album with the composer tagged so that I can test it out in detail. Say post into dropbox and PM me the link (rather than make music widely available and infringe copyright etc.). The issue will be something in the tagging, but I need to see it.

Thanks
No problem. Will send you a PM with a sample album, as well as some screenshots, a bit later tonight.

Thanks!
Apparently I don't have permission to send PM for some reason. When I try I get the following error message:

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:
Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.
You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code)
You have accessed this page directly rather than using appropriate forms or link.

You are currently logged in with the username: 'minazaki'

Anyway, I've got the files you requested, let me know how to proceed.
Oh sorry I didn't notice, you need to have made 10 posts before you can use private messaging.
One more posts here and then PM Smile
Post #10 Smile

I'll pm you shortly.
Files received thanks, you can remove from dropbox now.

Unfortuneately they look fine, both kinds, and I am not able repeat the issue (on Windows). For once it is not a tag problem. Interesting, some more digging to do. It could be platform specific, you may be the first to use composer tags on the Shield, but I will look elsewhere first since I have no way to test on that.

Having scaned in the album with composer tags, obviously having dropped that without, can you try a couple of things:
1) a screen shot of the song info dialog for one of the songs.
2) Turn on debug and navigate to show the duplicated songs, then post that log.
3) Let me have a copy of your MyMusic60.db file.

Thank you for helping out with the testing.

I can explain more if you need me to.
Thanks for having a look. I'm happy to provide you with whatever else you need to test. I'll work on getting you what you need.

I forgot to mention that I'm using MySQL. Could that be a contributing factor?
Thanks for continuing with this, I do want to find out what the cause is. Yes MySQL could be contributing, although I have tested 5.6 on Windows and found no issue there. You will need to export from MySQL for 3) as it isn't just a separate file like in SQLite.

Thinking aloud, it seems like the dataset being returned from the database, that is a join and has rows for every artist/role per song, is not being correctly resolved back into individual songs. That would happen if for some reason on your system MySQL is returning them in a jumbled order. Not sure how to test that theory though.
OK, so you have MySQL 5.5. on Win 10, with a SHIELD TV client.

Can you scan in an album with composer tags, obviously having dropped that without, and then let me have a screen shot of the song info dialog (from context menu on songs node) for one of those songs.

Do you have any songs with multiple artists e.g. a featured/guest artist, and how do they behave?

Debug might show me something. Turn on debug and navigate to show the duplicated songs, then post that log.

Finally, to let me see your actual database you will need to install something on your server and export the MyMusic60 schema. A variety of tools can do this, http://www.itworld.com/article/2833078/i...abase.html and you may already have something installed.

I have to wonder if installing MySQL 5.6 will solve it, but step at a time. If 5.5. is the issue then we need to know.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Composer Tag causing double tracks0