Win MCE Live TV transition - Skin choice/GUI Issues
All,

Sorry to admit I am/was a MCE user, but my excuse is was so since 2005. I installed Kodi few years back, with all the Wife Acceptance Factor issues involved, MCE stayed the first choice. Dropping MCE by MS in Win10 now makes me forced to make Kodi work for my family.

I reinstalled with Confluence skin, but as a heavy live/recorded TV-user me and my family miss a few things we were used to. Doesn't need to work the same as in MCE, but the functionality is welcome.

I am well aware of all the things Kodi has and MCE doesn't, so no need to reply that Kodi is better. It is, but I miss a few things. Probably replaced by something just as smart, but I haven't found it yet.

(1) Checking guides while watching a program. In Kodi it seems I need to fully switch between watching Life TV and the guide. If I press the guide button while watching a show, I only get a program list. In MCE a simple mouse movement let a button bar appear with a guide button. Pushing this button gives me three channels, so I could start recording another channel. If this is not enough I go to full screen, the show keeps running and I can return to the show. Very convenient if I have paused Live TV.

(2) Getting program info while watching a show. In MCE a simple right mouse button gave me the program information (type of movie, short story, actors). In Kodi pressing a movie-button gives me video settings, and for program info I need to go back to the home page, and to the guide.

(3) In MCE I have three means to navigate through a movie in time. 1-Fast forward/rewind. This is present in Kodi. 2-Step forward/back. This is present with arrow-left and arrow-right, but you need to wait for the buttons to disappear before this works. ... but what I miss most: 3- A full width time bar where you can click where you want to be, like YouTube. This seems to be missing in Kodi.is it?

Less important, perhaps configurable, but annoying at the moment:
(4) In Mediacenter I could pause and than "catch up", running at 150% with corrected sounds. In Kodi Fast Forward is only that, fast forward.

(5) In Media Center one could close any window by just clicking the mouse on any part of the life program. In Kodi it seems that I need to locate the small X in the top right hand corner.

Is there similar functionality, do I need to configure Confluence, or is there another skin which could help me?

Thanks!

Ton Wesseling
(2) try the info button, usually <i> on a keyboard

(4) this is the thing I miss most about mythfrontend.

(5) stop using a mouse. The back button should work.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thnx,

(2) I am not using a remote, just bluetooth keyboard. Pressing the I doesn't seem to work, or is this related to skinn choice?

(5) Indeed works, one issue solved

Ton
Sped up pkayback is sorta implemented, but not well http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=10023
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Try arctic zephyr skin. I like it.
Nickr, what of the issues would zephyr resolve, and how?

Thnx
Not sure, as I haven't used confluence for ages, and mainly I use recordings over livetv at present. Anyway, just try some skins. They are easy to install and easy to switch back.

In term of time bar does confluence produce one on pressing <enter>?
Will install & experiment this wknd. Thnx so far
I use transparency as a skin works a treat very straight forward.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MCE Live TV transition - Skin choice/GUI Issues0