v17 EAC3 passtrough isnt working
(2018-01-28, 20:55)nickr Wrote: pastebin.com

thanks,
please find link:
https://pastebin.com/Eb84STSi
thanks,
please find link:
https://pastebin.com/Eb84STSi
The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thumbs Up 
https://pastebin.com/p5K5jGrq

please find new paste-log
Your Android box does not support the passthrough of EAC3, DTS-HD or TrueHD using the standard audio API's from Google.
any solution or suggestion to overcome this?
a firmware upgrade of your box could add support for these formats, but I doubt you'll get a new firmware for this box (like it's the case for almost all rather cheap Android boxes out there). If you only use this box for Kodi and don't actually need Android, you could check if there is a way to put LibreElec on it, as the chipset might be supported there (but better ask upfront, it's just a guess that it's supported)
(2018-02-01, 09:30)sajijtm Wrote: any solution or suggestion to overcome this?

You device does appear to support 8 channels so probably the best thing is to pass the audio as 7.1 PCM, to do make sure Number of Channels is set to 7.1 and the EAC3, DTS-HD and TrueHD options are disabled if they are shown.
thank u sir for your kind support. I purchase this from xtermer and their support is very poor.
It is written that the box processor is QuadCore Amlogic S812-H (w/dolby+dts) cortex-a9 upto 2.0Ghz
8Core GPU: Mali-450

Video output support: 4K UHD video playback
Audio: HDMI 1.4, SPDF

So any firmware suitable for this processor please tell.
as you just mentioned SPDIF. Is your AVR/TV connected via SPDIF (optical cable)? If so, you can't pass through any of the HD audio formats anyways. But according to your Debug Log you're using HDMI, so that would be fine. Like jjd-uk mentioned above - if you don't insist on audio passthrough, you can just as well bitstream all the HD audio formats via PCM 7.1 to your AVR. For this, you might not need a new firmware. In order to test this, disable passthrough options in Kodi, set the speaker/channel setup to 7.1 and enjoy.
thanks,

I close all pass-through option and I make channel number to 7.1 (max 7.1 available with my kodi and my AVR: Yamaha RXV 583 (7.2) dolby atmos/dts-x).

1. When I play 5.1 audio/video it’s get hanged (stuck. the codec was AAC 5.1) nothing moved.
2. When I play 7.1 audio/video its working (but speaker display @ AVR is showing only 5.1. The Codec: dolby atmos/thd) but no sound.
Also please find enclosed log file when playing 7.1 video

https://pastebin.com/Y8X8FMm6
just to be really really really sure, you are NOT using the optical out (aka SPDIF) to connect your Android box to the AVR, but you only use the HDMI cable, right? Please confirm this. If your box is only connected via HDMI to your AVR, please make absolutely sure your main audio device in Android's system settings is set to HDMI and not SPDIF.

IF you are using the optical out/SPDIF, then you won't get any HD audio, as this is not possible over this connection. The only thing you can do in this case is to set your speakers back to 2.0 (required for SPDIF !!!), enable AC3 and DTS passthrough again AND enable AC3-transcoding. With transcoding enabled, you will at least get 5.1 AC3 from your HD audio formats instead of just stereo
I have optical out connected and I removed it. now the only connected cable is hdmi and audio-out set to hdmi. Now sound is coming via hdmi, but only 5.1 sound and speaker-out showing in the avr-display is also 6 speaker LCR/SL-SR/SW like. I think need new firmware
When playing the file open the OSD menu that overlays the video go to Audio setting and make sure the selected audio stream is the TrueHD one. If still not working then provide screenshots of the settings in System -> Audio

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EAC3 passtrough isnt working0