config file that hold "startup window"?
Whats the name of the file that holds the config of what Kodi should start in, "Startup Window"

I have TV now, and would like to change it back to "Home Window", as I get stuck in "PVR Manager is starting" and I can't get into settings menu and change it back, so need to change it in SSH.
guisettings.xml in your userdata folder.

to change it back to the home window, use:
Code:
<startupwindow default="true">10000</startupwindow>
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
guisettings.xml in the userdata directory.

The tag you want is <startupwindow> in <lookandfeel>

Change it to read
Code:
<startupwindow default="true">10000</startupwindow>

Bah, beaten to it by ronie !!
Learning Linux the hard way !!
After I change that to 10000, but it changes it back after a reboot.

After I did the change and saved the file, I checked and the changes was changed

Anyone who knows what's this?
you need to quit kodi first before you can modify the file.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
@DariBer what is the Kodi version you have the problems with? 16.1?
(2016-09-04, 14:46)ronie Wrote: you need to quit kodi first before you can modify the file.
Yes! that did the trick, now the Kodi is working fine.

(2016-09-04, 16:40)ksooo Wrote: @DariBer what is the Kodi version you have the problems with? 16.1?
Yeah, I'm using version 16.1, it's working now
@DariBer do you have the chance and time to test whether "tv channels" as startup window works for you with a recent Kodi Krypton nightly build? I've changed a lot of things for Krypton to get this working properly and would be interested in your feedback.
I have installed LibreELEC on Raspberry Pi 3. Version of Kodi is "Kodi 17.0-Beta1 Git:81d5d26" Compilex Sep 1 2016. And I can tell you that startup window TV Channels works fine now. At least with the Kodi 17 version I'm using :-)
(2016-09-04, 20:58)DariBer Wrote: I have installed LibreELEC on Raspberry Pi 3. Version of Kodi is "Kodi 17.0-Beta1 Git:81d5d26" Compilex Sep 1 2016. And I can tell you that startup window TV Channels works fine now. At least with the Kodi 17 version I'm using :-)

Thank you very much for checking. Glad to hear that this is working now.
I'm new to KODI. Running krypton on an nvidia shield tv. I just installed the pellucid skin, then changed the startup window to videos. This works fine. However, I can't access the main menu now. Pressing back from the video menu just takes me to the video menu so I can't get up a level to settings/etc. I gather I can change the startup window back to the default by modifying the config file, but why can't I have KODI startup on video AND be able to get back to the main menu to make changes to settings/etc. Is this a bug? Appreciate any help.

Edit: OK. I figured out a way to get back but this definitely seems like a bug. Steps to reproduce:

Exit KODI.
Start KODI.
KODI starts up and takes me to the videos menu. From this point pressing back will only keep bringing me to the videos menu.
To get to the main menu I must select a submenu of videos such as tv shows or movies. Pressing back once will then pull up the videos menu. Pressing back again will take me to the main screen displaying a photo and the time/date. Pressing the back button from this screen will bring up the videos menu and trap me again. If, however I press the 'select' button on the remote instead, it will bring up the main menu.
Sounds like a question for the skin author.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
config file that hold "startup window"?0