v17 Built from git for Raspbian, but h.265 stutters compared to LibreELEC
I've recently been testing Kodi on a Raspberry Pi 3. It was very easy to get running under LibreELEC (using one of the Krypton preview builds), but since I'm an experienced Linux user and I'd like to do some other things with my Pi as well, I've also installed Raspbian jessie, and cross-compiled Krypton for it, using the instructions here:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...ADME.linux

My build works just fine, but there's one odd issue: h.256 decode performance is much lower than it is under LibreELEC. I have a 720p h.265 file that plays flawlessly under LibreELEC, but under Raspbian, it decodes at, I'd guess, around 5-10FPS.

Is there some magic sauce in the LibreELEC build or configuration that specifically improves h.265 performance? Is it possible to get the same performance under Raspbian?

Thanks
Leigh
For the HEVC optimisations you might be better off building Kodi from popcornmix's newclock5 branch: https://github.com/popcornmix/xbmc/commits/newclock5 - this is the basis of the LibreELEC builds (various RPi specific commits, and ffmpeg HEVC optimisations).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I can confirm this, just built popcornmix's newclock5 branch, my self transcoded HEVC 720p sample runs absolutely flawlessly on RPi3 (~25% cpu usage) Smile
Kodi 18.6 @ openSUSE 13.1 x86_64 - Asus E35M1-I DELUXE | 8GB Ram | 240G 2.5" SSD
Kodi 20.2 on 1st Raspberry Pi B @ XBian | Kodi 20.2 on Raspberry Pi 3B+ @ XBian | Kodi 21a2 on Raspberry Pi4B @ XBian | Kodi 19.0 on SolidRun i.MX6 @ XBian
VDR 2.4.5 & Tvheadend4.3-1917 (for recording) on Cubieboard2 @ Debian Buster
Thanks for the tip! I rebuilt from that branch on to my Raspbian installation, and my test file plays flawlessly there now too. Very cool!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Built from git for Raspbian, but h.265 stutters compared to LibreELEC0