• 22(current)
Android Passthrough Changes with v17
Quote:At this present point in time the Xiaomi Mi Box is the only device I know of that meets the IEC61937 audio passthrough standard.

In fact google has forgotten DTS-HD, TrueHD in this standard. As we need it and as the old RAW PT (the old standard) was probably the worst I have ever seen as a audio api (mix of pcm delay methods and time you needed to count yourself, etc.), we decided to implement a 192/8 standard, meaning the new IEC61937 format but with 8 channels. Google only cared for 2 channel IEC61937, which is only good enough for dts,ac3 and eac3 transmitted with 192 khz.

As we informed all the big vendors and also google, we hope that gets in with 7.2 or finally with 8.0. For what it's worth we gracefully fall back if we get a non supported "normal" N version.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Audio playback of SACD Audio .dsf files are brocken since Kodi Krypton Beta 5
No audio on most of my audio files

Any Idea?

Is it a Bug?
Not a bug. Bugs contain a Debug Log
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Ok,

All My movies With all different audio format AC3,DTS,DTS Master.... work great with the RC3 version with pass-thru and no pass-thru, only my SACD Music as no Audio

Amlogic is not fast to release SDK for Marshmallow so I can live with working Beta 5 for the moment

Kodi is my number one audio player and thank you for your great work!
As said I cannot help you without a Debug Log. I don't have any SACD Music - if you have a sample I can look - if not, not :-) (Remember: I don't run android, I code blind based on logfiles ... )
(2017-01-15, 20:11)fritsch Wrote: (Remember: I don't run android, I code blind based on logfiles ... )

Which is undoubtedly impressive.
Yeah - there is the API - that one can read and most of the stuff is pure math, especially the buffer configurations. Those I did to show google that their API sucks and implemented a smoother, but that was the max - the rest is no rocket science at all

The fluctuating thingy is what comes out of audiotrack - not very good to get video and audio synced.
@fritsch actually for shitty AndroidTV's 448Kbit/s AC3 will do as well, but 384Kbit/s is safer as every possible device out there should be able to support that bitrate.

Anyway, thank you for all the efforts you put into that particulat case...
Yeah - can change that - no problem - it's a one liner. As long as users can manage to install it themselves ...
(2017-01-17, 09:54)fritsch Wrote: Yeah - can change that - no problem - it's a one liner. As long as users can manage to install it themselves ...

Well, according to changelog, it made it to RC3, which means we don't require special build anymore (Just force it to transcode everything and it works). Rofl
Still wondering, If I first have to uninstall Kodi (currently used apk, provided by you) to get back onto Google provided betas or it would just autoupdate?
@Etzi: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk <- test that please (wait until it's up). Carefully take a look at the Audio settings, you might find a new setting. As I just hacked it in - I did not verify the rescan is triggered when changing that new setting. So a Debug Log would be nice. AC3 encode uses 448 kbit/s.
Will test it out, later today (> 20:00 UTC) and report back my findings.
Also will dump Debug Log.
any hint? Because other than to me useless pcm hack which was not there in "probablyfinal" I don't see anything new.
So I'm on api v23 since I am running marshmallow and my chipset is S905x does that not mean I should be able to pass through dts and the high definition audio formats? I'm completely new to this so apologies if I'm missing something, which I very probably am!
(2017-01-18, 15:36)Blinky2134 Wrote: So I'm on api v23 since I am running marshmallow and my chipset is S905x does that not mean I should be able to pass through dts and the high definition audio formats? I'm completely new to this so apologies if I'm missing something, which I very probably am!

Yes you should be able to pass through DTS... but it does not mean you will be able to

There is something left unknown: did your box manufacturer screw up with standard android API
Moanbag is in da place!
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Passthrough Changes with v178