How to delete all build files without Fresh Start
I am working with windows 8.1 using kodi 17. I downloaded a new build called Overdose and it has hijacked kodi. It will not allow me to go through the process of unzipping files to get to download of fresh start. Fresh start is not offered in this build. I have tried deleting everything, but when I re-download kodi either jarvis or Kryton there it is. Surely there is another way to get a fresh start? Any help will be greatly appreciated!! : ) I'm a newbie and I have spent hours trying to fix this. I want my fresh install of Kodi back and I will never download a pre-made build again. I will take the time to slowly build my own. But I cant without some help!! Again, thanks in advance!
You should be able to manually delete C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi and C:\Users\AWagner\AppData\Roaming\Kodi if you can't do that, then your o/s is compromised, time to format, and re-install both o/s and Kodi. Pick the stable version of Jarvis.
Hi, I have a similar problem on the firestick. I can get to the fresh start in program add ons but I cant click it. I have tried restarting and reinstalling. My Kodi is a mess so I want it reset to default, it is currently running 16.1. Any help appreciated.
Or if you're using the app store version of Kodi, the roaming folder can be found at

C:\Users\{user}\AppData\Local\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\LocalCa​che\Roaming\Kodi

Where {user} is your currently logged in windows user account name.

This blog is all too relevant here too. If you're using some kind of crappy third party build you may need to completely remove Kodi and install a clean vanilla version from the download link at the top of the page here, as well as cleaning out your roaming folder.

But most of all learn the lesson and avoid the illegal source using 3rd party piracy junk out there, and especially their "builds".
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Perfect example and exactly why one should stay as far away as possible from such [shiver] 'builds'
How do I know if a build is a 3rd party build?
We don't make builds, only vanilla official kodi. So any build is 3rd party.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to delete all build files without Fresh Start0