• 110(current)
Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use
(2017-05-19, 12:10)querty1000 Wrote:
Quote:Therefore, 3D BD releases will be reduced during 2017 and will stop to exist by the end of 2018.
like vinyl records? I see more that people that wan't 3D and need a new telly switch to an extra beamer instead of not using 3D anymore.
New content or new ways of displaying video content is what drives hardware sales. Not the other way around.
For example if 3D Avatar had not been such a hit would we have even seen 3D for hang around for as long as we did ?

The same goes for HDR10 and DolbyVision, but at least that content is already streaming from the likes of Netflix & Amazon & others, where is the new 3D content in all this online streaming ?

Mainstream consumers want Plug n Play with minimal fuss or extra external equiptment needed, which is exactly what HDR10 and DolbyVision is going to give as consumers upgrade their displays.

Vinyl exists (and I love my vinyls) because there are companies producing the medium to play them. If manufacturers stop making players, vinyl will eventually disappear from the stores. A better example is the VCR and the video cassettes. Enjoy your 3D as long as there are TVs that support it. I am doing just that. Wish it could stay in projectors, at least.

Back to the point, nVidia doesn't have to implement something now regarding 3D. They won't lose customers because of it.
(2017-05-19, 13:20)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2017-05-19, 12:10)querty1000 Wrote:
Quote:Therefore, 3D BD releases will be reduced during 2017 and will stop to exist by the end of 2018.
like vinyl records? I see more that people that wan't 3D and need a new telly switch to an extra beamer instead of not using 3D anymore.
New content or new ways of displaying video content is what drives hardware sales. Not the other way around.
i think not. This was exactly what the industry dreamed of introducing 3D. That all the people with a 2 years old TV throw them away for a new 3D one. But nothing happend an 3D was called a flop. The same was later with "smart TV". Today all the people have only smart-TV because you don't get TVs without them.
The difference between 3D and smart TV or HDR is: you need a lot of work for 3D like polarisation folies on display.
The smart-thingy or the HDR-thing is build in the chips for the TV and must be extra disabled for the cheaper models. (or they save 10 cent for a W-lan chip)
So if you wan't to gain your profits: you will stay for HDR or smart-TV features, because they are already in the chips. You will delete 3D because it costs a lot in manufacturing and messed up the HDR results.

People buy new telly's if they a re too small, the tuner doesn't work anymore or they are defective. Most people are not that movie-watchers like us, they watch news or big brother or x-factor and give a shit about BT2020 color space and so.
Quote:For example if 3D Avatar had not been such a hit would we have even seen 3D for hang around for as long as we did ?
Avatar was aimed for the cinema, not the TV?
Quote:The same goes for HDR10 and DolbyVision, but at least that content is already streaming from the likes of Netflix & Amazon & others, where is the new 3D content in all this online streaming ?
Mainstream consumers want Plug n Play with minimal fuss or extra external equiptment needed, which is exactly what HDR10 and DolbyVision is going to give as consumers upgrade their displays.
Mainstream consumers does'nt care about HDR. They don't see a difference in picture. They even don't see the difference between SD and HD or watching movies in the false aspect ratio and doesn't take care about ist.
(2017-05-19, 13:50)nikos_a Wrote: Back to the point, nVidia doesn't have to implement something now regarding 3D. They won't lose customers because of it.
Hm, this is exactly why we have here an Zidoo thread. I know a lot of people (including me) that have selled there shield because it doesn't work as a feature complete mediacenter. :-)
(2017-05-18, 17:10)flipmode009 Wrote: Nvidia has become arrogant and refuse to add features customers want, ie, 3D, and rather than saying they are not developing it, they actually insult the person wanting 3D and calling them idiots for thinking 3D is good!
You might want to get your facts straight even a little bit before posting...

nVIDIA Customer Care Wrote:Posted 04/07/2017 08:34 PM
I am sorry but 3D MVC is not on our road map. While I don't like to say never, it is unlikely it will be supported.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic...8/#5122898

Hello, new user here.. I just ordered an X10, can anybody point out where do I begin?
What player should I use, what firmware etc. The thread is really too big.
Thank you.
(2017-05-18, 17:50)hdmkv Wrote: Netflix certification will never happen on Zidoo (or it would be beyond jaw-dropping if it did), if you have any idea about how strict, protective Netflix's policy has been on this. As an example, Cloud Media (Syabas) tried for years, even showing Netflix logo at CES for PopBox, but they eventually gave up.

There are so many devices that do Netflix, it isn't a big deal not having it on Zidoo. Use a separate device for it as many of us do.

ugh, I'm new to boxes and was about to buy the X9S so I can stream 3D and use it for Netflix, then sell my 3D BR player.
I guess my only option is keep the BR player for Netflix. Or sell it and get Shield instead of X9S?

Also the X9S will play 3D iso? And work with surround sound?
Thumbs Up 
Hi,

If someone has problems with the Flirc remote programming, I might have the solution. Wink

The code of the menubutton from the Amazon remote control also works with the Zidoo.

regards

Michael
(2017-05-23, 15:48)claonic Wrote: Hello, new user here.. I just ordered an X10, can anybody point out where do I begin?
What player should I use, what firmware etc. The thread is really too big.
Thank you.
I'd start with f/w 1.4.4. Then, install ZDMC based on Kodi 17.1. Enable external player option within ZDMC.

(2017-05-23, 21:31)doogie88 Wrote: Also the X9S will play 3D iso? And work with surround sound?
Yes and yes (including Dolby ATMOS and DTS:X). Two of the main reasons for appeal of Zidoo, along with 4K and HDR support.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
Thank you hdmkv. The unit just arrived, I'll see to it tonight.
I received my X8 today. However I haven't set up Kodi/ZDMC in about ten years. Is there a guide on how to set it up on the Z8 and on my PC? And are guys using ZDMC or are they installing Kodi? I'm new to boxes and have no idea what I'm doing.
Has anyone tried to change the name of X9S using http://www.droidviews.com/change-android...nd-nougat/
Brand new review for Zidoo X10 with lots of photos.
Looks like the build quality is amazing!
Performance is the same though.
The information shared is very much useful
Android Training in Chennai
http://www.traininginsholinganallur.in/a...ennai.html
Has anyone noticed that subtitles on 3D movies lack depth? It's a bit distracting. This is using the external player so the ZDMC subtitle settings don't seem to change anything.
  • 110(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use8