• 50(current)
Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use
(2016-11-20, 13:21)Vimaro Wrote: Hi, about the zidoo products (e.g., X8, X9S), if I order in one Amazon Europe site, does it already brings the Europe plug standard instead the USA plug? Or the boxes contains also the plug power adapter for Europe, like an Apple product?

Thanks.

bought at Amazon Germany - came with standard european plug
(2016-11-22, 02:21)OlivierQC Wrote: Hello,

I made a sample video of Tarzan HDR 10bit BT2020 ( MKV, size 50.1go)

My settings :
zidoo X8 : 2160p60/10bit/ycbcr 4.2.0
Sony 65x930c : hdmi enhanced / bt2020

Sample tarzan HDR 10bit BT2020 (duration : 10 minutes, size 4.6go),

Here is the link : https://1fichier.com/?dsqzvch8zn

if you have an HDR TV or projector HDR , could you check on your side ?

i tested the full movie and my sample and i have the same problem with the deep color, it looks like 8-bit gradient or with dithering on my TV, with HDR demo Samsung, Sony, etc... i do not have this problem.

See you

OlivierQC

Good Morning,

for your information :

The issue is visible on the second plan on a background that is relatively solid.
In example, sky color or fog.

On the face, the issue is not there or not visible.

have nice day
Sony XBR65x930c, Onkyo tx-nr656, Focal Dome 7.1, Zidoo X20PRO, Egreat A11, Apple TV 4K/infuse PRO.

(2016-11-22, 02:21)OlivierQC Wrote: Hello,

I made a sample video of Tarzan HDR 10bit BT2020 ( MKV, size 50.1go)

My settings :
zidoo X8 : 2160p60/10bit/ycbcr 4.2.0
Sony 65x930c : hdmi enhanced / bt2020

Sample Tarzan HDR 10bit BT2020 (duration : 10 minutes, size 4.6go),

Here is the link : https://1fichier.com/?dsqzvch8zn

if you have an HDR TV or projector HDR , could you check on your side ?

I tested the full movie and my sample and I have the same problem with the deep color, it looks like 8-bit gradient or with dithering on my TV, with HDR demo Samsung, Sony, etc... I do not have this problem.

See you

OlivierQC

It's not the player that is causing those crush blacks or dithering on HDR 10 but the way the file was captured, getting the HDR metadata is probably what is causing the problem.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Has anyone tried to install latest Kodi Krypton beta 5 or nightly and setup native player as external in playercorefactory.xml?

I'm interested if this is possible and worthwhile so any information and positive/negative impressions with that setup would be welcome Smile
Hey guys,

I'm on the fence about purchasing this box.

I need an all in one box to replace two current Kodi machines I'm using, at the moment I am using nvidia shield with SPMC build of Kodi to play all my atmos HD stuff upscale in 4K.

I'm also using a windows intel 3D MVC build to play my 3D ISO files with full frame packing. I can't get any bluray menus though on this build.

So is Zidoo box a good all in one replacement for these two boxes?

Will I get everything I get on these two boxes from the one Zidoo box?

I need full Mkv playback including HD audio passthrough like atmos and dts:x. It should also be able to play full 3D ISO files! Ideally all ISO files should give me a the bluray menu as well!

Biggest concern is picture quality, will this Zidoo box output good picture quality both in 2d (like my nvidia shield) and 3D (like my windows intel box which does good quality in depth for 3D)?

Also I'm a bit confused as to why you have to switch from external and internal video player in this box??

Thanks
PQ w/X9S or X8, using the external player (native player), is excellent. Main reason you need to use external is to get MVC 3D... so ZDMC (Zidoo's Kodi fork) manages your movie/TV libraries, but pushes the actual playback of most videos to the more capable external player. It's fairly seamless; just see my video in post #1.

You will get everything noted in your post... except full BD menus (except for a couple here and there that may just work). However, the BD-lite menu is quite capable for selecting/switching titles/playlists, audio tracks, subs, chapters, 3D modes, etc.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2016-11-22, 18:27)hdmkv Wrote: PQ w/X9S or X8, using the external player (native player), is excellent. Main reason you need to use external is to get MVC 3D... so ZDMC (Zidoo's Kodi fork) manages your movie/TV libraries, but pushes the actual playback of most videos to the more capable external player. It's fairly seamless; just see my video in post #1.

You will get everything noted in your post... except full BD menus (except for a couple here and there that may just work). However, the BD-lite menu is quite capable for selecting/switching titles/playlists, audio tracks, subs, chapters, 3D modes, etc.

Thank you for the detailed response! Sounds excellent! I was a tad worried that the 3D MVC may not be as good as the Intel Windows build i am currently using in creating a 3d picture?

Also I've heard a few complaints on here with regards to the external player not allowing passthrough audio or something? Is that true or false? Can i still get atmos to work through the external player?
Just saw the excellent video you posted on the 1st post. Thanks for that. 3D and movie playback looks very good.

I have a question however about ZDMC. Can this be customised exactly like Kodi? Can i add the customised Aeon Nox skin i am using on my nvidia shield right now on this?

Most importantly, can i use plugins such as TraktTV to keep everything in sync?

Thank you for your help.
If I receive internet through wifi, then how can I pass the internet over ethernet to other computers or device?
If so, how would you set the computer to do so?
(2016-11-22, 20:49)chicotoba Wrote: If I receive internet through wifi, then how can I pass the internet over ethernet to other computers or device?
If so, how would you set the computer to do so?

It can be done but why do you want to do that configuration?
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
Because next to the zidoo I will put another device that needs internet but that does not have wifi, only ethernet.
Could you explain how I have to configure it?
(2016-11-21, 14:54)mirror88 Wrote:
(2016-11-21, 14:38)nikos_a Wrote:
(2016-11-21, 12:46)mirror88 Wrote: Also try to access the Public folder on the default settings,still no problem Sad

Just one last inquiry. Inside Public you have 3 folders (if I remember correctly) like Public Videos. Can you try accessing one of these?

If it works, then I may do a factory reset on the WD.

Thanks again for your help.
I tried all of these they are works fine."Publice" "SmartWare", "TimeMachineBackup"..
May be you should be clean the app cache: Luncher--apps find "file explorer",Press "menu" key on remote,select "clean data".
Then try again.

Well, I tried cleaning cache, trying again and again by changing users, changing from Static to DHCP etc. It all comes down to having different versions of WDMyCloud. By the looks of the screens you posted, it looks we have different versions. Apparently, I have WDMyCloud, 4TB with f/w v04.04.04-101. If you think I can help somehow (I am software engineer), please do not hesitate to contact me. See screens below of my WDMyCloud UI and you will spot differences.

(2016-11-22, 21:04)chicotoba Wrote: Because next to the zidoo I will put another device that needs the internet but that does not have wifi, only ethernet.
Could you explain how I have to configure it?

Zidoo will receive the internet connection from your router and then you want to share the internet connection from the Zidoo (RJ45) to your laptop?
That's right, Zidoo will receive the internet connection from my router (wifi) and then I want to share the internet connection from the Zidoo (RJ45) to my laptop (or other device). How do I do it?
(2016-11-22, 21:15)chicotoba Wrote: That's right, Zidoo will receive the internet connection from my router (wifi) and then I want to share the internet connection from the Zidoo (RJ45) to my laptop (or other device). How do I do it?

You have to ask @mirror88 for that, I though was talking about sharing the internet from your PC.

Sorry!
  • 50(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use8