• 99(current)
Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use
(2017-03-03, 14:17)rikioh Wrote: @ragico

i think you should set the x8 to 3840@60hz and fps to auto. No need to switch to 1080p, the player does the upscaling to the nativ 4k resolution of the tv. why do you want the tv to upscale to 4k?

I dont like upscales. I like to watch the movies in their native resolutions. For example all the 3D movies are 1920*1080 and to me they should be played at 1920*1080. Why the "Auto" choice is given in the settings? Of course for automatically change the resolution of the movie. But this does not happen.
I agree with you in setting fps to auto.
BlushBlushBlush
(2017-03-03, 15:14)nenito2k Wrote: @ragico..FAR BETTER doesn't seem subjective ! but hey...if you are happy and think PQ on zidoo is a millions times better...GOOD

but the truth is that 99% of people say that shield = zidoo = amlogic devices = himedia for PQ

Really? I think most people think 1080p to 4K scaling on the Shield is shocking where on the Zidoo it is quite good.
Also 3D MVC on the Zidoo is awesome yet the Shield can't display 3D MVC, so I would say Zidoo picture quality overall is better than the Shield and I wager that 99% of people that own both don't disagree.
@dacmac...

Yes many said shield is not as good... But many said they have same pq.
The fact that it can't play mvc has nothing to do with pq!
Hello All,

new FW Beta : 1.3.0

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/...post-21585

see you
Sony XBR65x930c, Onkyo tx-nr656, Focal Dome 7.1, Zidoo X20PRO, Egreat A11, Apple TV 4K/infuse PRO.

Wow... BD menu support! Wasn't expecting that! And better external subtitles handling as promised. I don't use either, but this is great for users who do.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
Very good job zidoo team. Big thumbs up !!! Keep going that route !
Himedia has some things to learn from you guys.. earlier it was just the way around.
Very nice !
@hdmkv,

Have you tried the blu ray menu
Sony XBR65x930c, Onkyo tx-nr656, Focal Dome 7.1, Zidoo X20PRO, Egreat A11, Apple TV 4K/infuse PRO.

Wow.

Proper bluray menu support on defaukt media player outside kodi is a Huge update.. thank you Zidoo team.

Sent from my iPhone
OlivierQC, just tested f/w 1.3.0 briefly and it's NOT working Sad. Goes straight to the main movie. Screenshots from a 3D BD menu test...

watch gallery
My HT
yes, same for me.

we have an answer on zidoo forum.

see you

for 3d iso does not work...2d is fine
Okay, I see @mirror88 posted this on Zidoo forum; he hasn't replied whether there are plans to support 3D BD menus...
mirror Wrote:Can not support 3D iso currently,please try 2D movie.
My HT
Heres the 2d bmbd menu

Jungle book menu

Gravity Menu

The update is working well. Since this is outside Kodi. Tracks plays well unlike the bluray menu in kodi which is really buggy.

Thank you zidoo...
Now i can play my bluray concerts labelled with proper title.

Will test concerts later..
I've readed all the tread, I have two issues but I don't see any info about it

In several series chapters the video slutters 4/5 second every 12 minutes, this chapters are downloaded from a private tracker, and runs perfectly in my other mediacenters, I only have this issue in series, not in films

By other side, zdmc marks as watched a chapter when I see more than 50%, kodi marks as watched by default at 90% I've tried to change this setting in advancedsetting.xml but no success

Tried to reinstall firmware, tried factory reset, but no luck, issues still present am I the only one having this issues?

Enviado desde mi Z2 Plus mediante Tapatalk
From myself and all 4pda, I want to bring apologies for the negative reviews about the man freeroc (Roc He) and company Zidoo. There was a bit angry and upset the circumstances, therefore, I wrote to the negativity.
In fact, I am very grateful for the person freeroc (Roc He) constant communication with the people, the most rapid response and correction of errors found. Zidoo very promising and fast-growing company, which is now in front of all to develop their own firmware. I hope that freeroc (Roc He) forgive this mistake, and we will continue the fruitful cooperation.
  • 99(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use8