• 44(current)
Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use
(2016-11-15, 18:59)laola Wrote: any idea where to find the userdata folder to include the advancedsettings.xml in ZDMC?
Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
hmm - how to access the "./ " folder - it isn't shown up in the explorer (I just got the device so am not familiar yet how to get root or similar root functions)
It's a hidden folder. Scroll down to 'Show hidden files on Android' here for instructions.
My HT
thanks - found it (change in settings in the explorer) - actually easy with playing a bit...
(2016-11-15, 17:30)hdmkv Wrote: This week Smile.

(2016-11-15, 14:51)OlivierQC Wrote: Vinicius has a problem when he watches an movies (3D iso) with subtitle (pgs), they seem to be duplicated.

Do you have an idea of ​​the problem ?
From the photo you posted, looks like the subs are in 3D mode, which is the way it's supposed to be. Without glasses of course, they should look as they do in the photo.

@hdmkv

The double issue (duplicated) is also present with the 3d active glasses which makes the subtitles almost illegible during the 3d viewing.
Sony XBR65x930c, Onkyo tx-nr656, Focal Dome 7.1, Zidoo X20PRO, Egreat A11, Apple TV 4K/infuse PRO.

(2016-11-15, 18:59)laola Wrote: any idea where to find the userdata folder to include the advancedsettings.xml in ZDMC?

Yes, and I tried to use the advancedsettings.xml with the ZidooPlayer to no good effect. You need to place the advancedsettings.xml file in the Android/data/com.Zidoo.zdmc/files/.zdmc/userdata/ folder. But when I tried this there was no improvement in buffering issues when using the ZidooPlayer (external player). In fact playback was actually worse.

And no matter what I have tried, the current firmware has significant buffering issues with MacOs Sierra or El Capitan, even from a newly created clean installed boot disk without any additional programs added. NFS performance is sluggish with constant buffering issues. SMB from MacOS as a server is better, but spotty and unreliable in playback. However SMB under a windows virtual machine from my MacPro works most of the time, but has significant audio sync issues.

Since I purchase this replacement Zidoo X9S after November 1, 2016 from Amazon Prime, I have until January 31, 2017 to return the player for a complete refund. So I will wait and see if they release a firmware update to fix these buffering issues, especially with NFS before returning the player as a complete loss.
NUC: NUC5i5RYH (Intel Core i5-5250U, Intel HD Graphics 6000)
RAM: 16 GB Crucial DDR3-1600
SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 SSD
Display: LG 65EF9500 OLED
AVR: Pioneer Elite SC-99
Video 
Finally gave in, here is the Zidoo X8

Will be testing HDR and 3D MVC picture quality VS Himedia Q10Pro.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Had a feeling you'd join the party Wink Big Grin!
My HT
(2016-11-16, 01:17)hdmkv Wrote: Had a feeling you'd join the party Wink Big Grin!

You know can't stand to see have something and i don'tTongue
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Good Evening movie78,

Welcome to the club, you will not be disappointed
Sony XBR65x930c, Onkyo tx-nr656, Focal Dome 7.1, Zidoo X20PRO, Egreat A11, Apple TV 4K/infuse PRO.

(2016-11-16, 01:21)movie78 Wrote:
(2016-11-16, 01:17)hdmkv Wrote: Had a feeling you'd join the party Wink Big Grin!

You know can't stand to see have something and i don'tTongue
Hope you didn't hurt your finger (in that video) doing the unboxing Tongue. On a serious note, let us know your impressions of A/V performance Smile.
My HT
Cool movie 78!
Awaiting for next firmware, hope its true the green flashing thing in 3d iso is truly fixed
Is there a way to change the A/V synchronisation with the external zidoo player?
(2016-11-08, 23:40)Skank Wrote:
(2016-11-08, 08:17)Skank Wrote:
(2016-11-07, 04:54)mirror88 Wrote: Good news.Solved occasional green flashes/streak when playing 3D ISO issue today

That truly is great news! A critical bug fixed! I hope it actually is.
What was the problem?

Mirror88?
Our engineers told me,The f/w occasional losted v-sync signal when playing MVC files.We solved it.
BTW: Version v1.2.7 coming soon
(2016-11-16, 11:11)mirror88 Wrote:
(2016-11-08, 23:40)Skank Wrote:
(2016-11-08, 08:17)Skank Wrote: That truly is great news! A critical bug fixed! I hope it actually is.
What was the problem?

Mirror88?
Our engineers told me,The f/w occasional losted v-sync signal when playing MVC files.We solved it.
BTW: Version v1.2.7 coming soon

I am still having problems with using external player in ZDMC. I did a factory reset since I thought I had access issues to my server, but I still can only start one file with external player. Every file I start after that external player just starts and stops. If I reboot same things happens. One file OK, rest fails. This is from SMB share from a Win 2012 R2 server, guest access activated. No login needed. This makes the box useless (w/ external player).
Disabling external player everything works fine.

As i mentioned in a previous post if I try the same files from my Serviio UPNP share, external player never gets activated. They just revert and play fine with internal player. Very strange ZDMC does not activate external player for UPNP sources.
Has anybody else had these problem with the X8?
HT Room: Yamaha RX-A 3020, BenQ W1070, Intel KODI MVC laptop, Audiovector M3 Super 7.1
Living Room: Yamaha RX-V 771, Samsung UE75H6475, Intel KODI MVC laptop, Zidoo X8
  • 44(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use8