Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use
(2016-11-16, 14:32)ppoulos Wrote:
(2016-11-16, 12:10)boboiusa Wrote: I am still having problems with using external player in ZDMC. I did a factory reset since I thought I had access issues to my server, but I still can only start one file with external player. Every file I start after that external player just starts and stops. If I reboot same things happens. One file OK, rest fails. This is from SMB share from a Win 2012 R2 server, guest access activated. No login needed. This makes the box useless (w/ external player).
Disabling external player everything works fine.

As i mentioned in a previous post if I try the same files from my Serviio UPNP share, external player never gets activated. They just revert and play fine with internal player. Very strange ZDMC does not activate external player for UPNP sources.
Has anybody else had these problem with the X8?

Actually I have also seen that behavior with my MacPro under MacOs Sierra (10.12) and using the Zidoo X9S with firmware 1.2.6 . If I use a windows virtual machine from my MacPro with SMB, all the files play fine. However my MacPro can only connect natively with the X9S with a clean installed barebones MacOs Sierra boot disk without any other programs added on. With that configuration Kodi and ZDMC will connect anonymously with my MacPro. While Kodi Krypton (v17.0-beta5) plays the movie fine, the ZidooPlayer in ZDMC (external player) just starts and stops immediately. I have a feeling that the SMB (and probably NFS) protocol they are using is outdated and inefficient. NFS plays but with significant buffering issues.

Maybe firmware 1.2.7 will fix this?

So I did some further testing tonight and I came up with this:

# Using built in Media Explorer I can access my Windows SMB shares once. Second time it just says "Unknown Error" This is why it won't work in ZDMC as well.
# Tried both the built in SMB explorer and manually added my shares. Same error. Strange the problem only occurs with external player and not with Kodi internal.
# SMB shares from my Qnap works fine. USB as well.

Can anybody of you hardcore testers @hdmkv @movie78 please see if you can replicate these SMB issues from Windows shares. This is a very annoying problem since I have my main collection on my Windows server.
@mirror88 please look into this issue.

Besides this I love the box

Cheers!
HT Room: Yamaha RX-A 3020, BenQ W1070, Intel KODI MVC laptop, Audiovector M3 Super 7.1
Living Room: Yamaha RX-V 771, Samsung UE75H6475, Intel KODI MVC laptop, Zidoo X8

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - by boboiusa - 2016-11-17, 01:00
HDR aspect ratio - by ragico - 2017-02-27, 23:03
F/W; whom writes it? - by casey-jones - 2018-12-29, 15:39
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use8