• 47(current)
Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use
(2016-11-17, 16:26)boboiusa Wrote:
(2016-11-17, 14:27)nikos_a Wrote:
(2016-11-17, 13:25)boboiusa Wrote: Just to clarify, you did not have External Player option enabled in ZDMC?

If so Media Center is having issues with both Windows SMB shares and NFS shares from NAS.

Yes, that's right. But I will try that too. I doubt there will be an issue though because the problem is in the navigation to a certain folder. ZDMC does the navigation right to that folder and allows me to select the files. But out of curiosity, I will do that too and post back. BTW, I have Windows SMB shares (through Windows 10) and it works. At least I tried last night once and didn't have issues. I just had to scan for SMB shares for my PC to appear and I played some files without any issues.

When using ZDMC I can also navigate all my shares, but when it opens the file in Media Center (external player) it just flashes for a quick moment and returns to ZDMC.
I will also try to access shares from a Windows 10 computer. The problem I have is from a Server 2012 R2. But it should not make a difference. I also have a domain, but that should not cause any problems. As I wrote before all my other devices work fine after entering network credentials.

You were absolutely right. I went to ZDMC->Changed to external player->Files->WDMyCloud NFS (this is how I named it)->Went to the folder with movies->Selected to play one

and boom, restart. I did the same process as above and selected WDMyCloud (Samba) and files played correctly. There is a problem here for sure.
(2016-11-17, 21:25)movie78 Wrote: The HDR is bug and needs to fixed, don't have that issue with the Himedia Q10 Pro, I will try and change the ZDMC to from internal and see if the 3D works.
Agreed on HDR, and no, 3D MVC won't work w/internal.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
@mirror88

I unplug my device and after plugging it back in the LCD screen is indicating HELLO and the picture on my TV is GREEN.

Any Help?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2016-11-18, 03:46)movie78 Wrote: @mirror88
I unplug my device and after plugging it back in the LCD screen is indicating HELLO and the picture on my TV is GREEN.
Any Help?
You might have selected a non-working combination of colorspace and deep color. You have to now connect it to a different HDMI input on your TV or even a display for it to output video.
(2016-11-17, 17:21)movie78 Wrote: Found an is with HDR playback, the Zidoo X8 is suffering the same HDR bug on the Xiaomi Mi Box, once the start playing HDR content and HDR signal is activated the HDR signal doesn't turn off if you stop playing,the only fix I found is to switch the input on my TV to turn the HDR signal off.

Also when playing 3D content it will be nice if playback starts instead browsing through the SIMPLE MENU and selecting PLAY 3D, this an issue because some complete ISO contains a lot of PLAYLIST example: Gods of Egypt 3D and not everyone rip their BD main movie only.

About the start playing HDR content and HDR signal is activated the HDR signal doesn't turn off if you stop playing
It solved in version v1.2.7
(2016-11-18, 03:56)mirror88 Wrote:
(2016-11-17, 17:21)movie78 Wrote: Found an is with HDR playback, the Zidoo X8 is suffering the same HDR bug on the Xiaomi Mi Box, once the start playing HDR content and HDR signal is activated the HDR signal doesn't turn off if you stop playing,the only fix I found is to switch the input on my TV to turn the HDR signal off.

Also when playing 3D content it will be nice if playback starts instead browsing through the SIMPLE MENU and selecting PLAY 3D, this an issue because some complete ISO contains a lot of PLAYLIST example: Gods of Egypt 3D and not everyone rip their BD main movie only.

About the start playing HDR content and HDR signal is activated the HDR signal doesn't turn off if you stop playing

Great!
Can you please help fix my green screen issue?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2016-11-18, 08:38)movie78 Wrote:
(2016-11-18, 03:56)mirror88 Wrote:

Great!
Can you please help fix my green screen issue?
Spring replied you in zidoo forum.
When can we expect v1.2.7?
what audio settings are you guys using to get 7.1 passthrought to work ?
here is my settings :

Settings

Android OS
HDMI Output: AUTO
SPDIF Output: RAW
HDMI Rx Audio Format: RAW
HDMI Rx Version: 2.0
Auto 1080P24: Enabled (disable with UHD Demo)
Auto 29.97/59.94Hz: Enabled (disable with UHD Demo)

Bluetooth : OFF

Resolution : AUTO/1080p60 (2160p60 with UHD Demo)
Deep color mode : AUTO
Space color mode : AUTO

ZDMC
play video with external player YES
Android, RAW Passthrough YES
Enable Passthrough YES
Enable Dolby Digital (AC3) Capable Receiver YES
Enable Dolby Digital (AC3) Transcoding YES
Enable Dolby Digital plus (E-AC3) Transcoding YES
DTS capable receiver YES
TrueHD capable receiver YES
DTS HD capable receiver YES
Sony XBR65x930c, Onkyo tx-nr656, Focal Dome 7.1, Zidoo X20PRO, Egreat A11, Apple TV 4K/infuse PRO.

You may know this, but just in case... When you have 'Play video with external player' enabled, most video playback does get pushed to external/native, but if you bring up the context menu on any video, you can choose 'ZDMC' and internal will play it, and w/HD audio passthrough. So, helps to enable all those audio options under ZDMC you have disabled. Only 3D MVC won't work w/internal, and overall PQ isn't as good as external. But, nice to have option to use internal in some cases.
My HT
thanks alot for your replys, altho it feels sad to sacrifice PQ to get audio to work
Oliver, you dont have a true hd reciver or why do you have "no" on all of them ?
yes I have one,

The external player does take control of the HD sound, but as hdmkv says, it is preferable to put all on ON. I will follow his advice.
Sony XBR65x930c, Onkyo tx-nr656, Focal Dome 7.1, Zidoo X20PRO, Egreat A11, Apple TV 4K/infuse PRO.

(2016-11-18, 20:00)hausmanis Wrote: thanks alot for your replys, altho it feels sad to sacrifice PQ to get audio to work
Maybe I'm missing your point, but sacrifice what? For best PQ and AQ, you simply enable 'external player' and enjoy playback w/it. The process/interplay between ZDMC/Kodi and external is quite seamless.
My HT
  • 47(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use8