• 58(current)
Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use
(2016-11-29, 00:21)hdmkv Wrote: Not aware of any status bar... can you take a photo of it? @mirror88 should be able to help with it.

Im still unable to remove this status bar, although i have seen sometimes it disappears when a movie starts, but sometimes it doesn't! It also always appears to be there on the Home screen and even when navigating through ZBMC.

I have also tried to download apps from play store to remove status bars, but none of them worked, i guess they were for phones only. Im not to familiar with Android, but im sure i tried everything Sad

This also only appeared after i upgraded to the latest build 1.2.7, before this i was i think on 1.2.3

Anyone know how i can get rid of it? Ive attached 3 images below

watch gallery
You might need to reflash the system.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
how do i do that?
(2016-11-29, 18:29)KILLERNADS Wrote: how do i do that?

HOW TO FLASH ZIDOO X8 UNIT
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
(2016-11-29, 18:40)movie78 Wrote:
(2016-11-29, 18:29)KILLERNADS Wrote: how do i do that?

HOW TO FLASH ZIDOO X8 UNIT

okay thanks, i will give that a go
Looks like it's in tablet mode. I'd go into Android settings are check if there's a setting to hide the status bar, although flashing (via scratch from image file) will clean out settings and hopefully restore to correct TV view.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2016-11-29, 19:21)hdmkv Wrote: Looks like it's in tablet mode. I'd go into Android settings are check if there's a setting to hide the status bar, although flashing (via scratch from image file) will clean out settings and hopefully restore to correct TV view.

I did check under all the settings for a way to hide status bar, but couldnt find anything. Its something that the update caused. If theres nothing else i can try, then i will just have to re-flash the box later on.
I, I hope you can help me... I have a problem with my Zidoo x9s... in ZDMC I can't delete files (I have enabled the options) so I have to go to the explorer and delete files right there...now I've updated to 1.2.7, but I already had this problem with 1.2.5...any ideas? Thanks...
(2016-11-29, 19:21)hdmkv Wrote: Looks like it's in tablet mode. I'd go into Android settings are check if there's a setting to hide the status bar, although flashing (via scratch from image file) will clean out settings and hopefully restore to correct TV view.

Reflashed and then updated again to 1.2.7 this time it looks okay and no status bar.

I have some other worries and questions about this box though if people could please answer:

1. When playing Kodi default player image is not in sync with audio sometimes, also picture not as good as Zidoo external player?!?! Why is this? External video player image is much sharper!

2. External Zidoo player doesn't play downloaded subtitles, nothing appearing, even though its downloaded and selected. Only the subs that are part of the movie is playing, maybe this is for the ISO bluray files only? Not sure but it's a big issue, as internal subs you can't edit size etc and they are huge!

3. when film played and you stop half way and exit, zbmc marks the film as watched?!? Hence, no resuming from where you left off!

Thanks
1. Probably because ZDMC internal isn't leveraging the Realtek h/w player, or at least its full capabilities. I'm sure @mirror88 knows
2. Don't know. Was the external sub in the same folder as movie, named exactly the same? I only use embedded subs, so not familiar
3. That's because ZDMC has no idea what the external player is doing or has done. However, external player has its own setting to enable bookmarking (so it takes you back where you left off)
My HT
External players are often used to address the extra video features of the Hardware directly without having to go through the proper Android Application Programming Interface channels and use Android's mediacodec from within Kodi.

It's basically a quick and dirty way to add custom SoC video support to Kodi and save time and money.

But these custom external players can come with compromises and break Kodi features like video resume and external subtitles.
Not sure what's up with ZDMC, but I know on the Mi Box when SPMC/Kodi is used with the external player software MX Player that will remember a Resume point. It's baked into MX Player.

There are very likely more (undiscovered) Kodi compromises to be found yet.
These are the reasons why such Kodi/external player solutions are frowned upon by the Kodi purists.

@hdmkv these important bugs/compromises must be written on Page#1 (if not already) of devices using such Kodi external player solutions. This is the stuff that is very important to Kodi end users.

About ZDMC and audio out of sync, I already mentioned that 1.2.7 has broke DTS-HD audio playback (beside the issue I described with dropping frames in a file at 60fps). I described the issues here. With 1.2.6 I was happy using ZDMC but at the moment some files are impossible to watch. I really hope that mirror or any other Zidoo dev will see my posts and check the issues because they are major ones.

Also, I will repeat it, zidoo, please use a better font for your player. The one currently used is good only for the VCS 2600.
(2016-11-30, 12:16)nikos_a Wrote: About ZDMC and audio out of sync, I already mentioned that 1.2.7 has broke DTS-HD audio playback (beside the issue I described with dropping frames in a file at 60fps). I described the issues here. With 1.2.6 I was happy using ZDMC but at the moment some files are impossible to watch. I really hope that mirror or any other Zidoo dev will see my posts and check the issues because they are major ones.

Also, I will repeat it, zidoo, please use a better font for your player. The one currently used is good only for the VCS 2600.

"Also, I will repeat it, zidoo, please use a better font for your player. "

My too...
This fonts is terrible
(2016-11-30, 04:47)wrxtasy Wrote: External players are often used to address the extra video features of the Hardware directly without having to go through the proper Android Application Programming Interface channels and use Android's mediacodec from within Kodi.

It's basically a quick and dirty way to add custom SoC video support to Kodi and save time and money.

But these custom external players can come with compromises and break Kodi features like video resume and external subtitles.
Not sure what's up with ZDMC, but I know on the Mi Box when SPMC/Kodi is used with the external player software MX Player that will remember a Resume point. It's baked into MX Player.

There are very likely more (undiscovered) Kodi compromises to be found yet.
These are the reasons why such Kodi/external player solutions are frowned upon by the Kodi purists.

@hdmkv these important bugs/compromises must be written on Page#1 (if not already) of devices using such Kodi external player solutions. This is the stuff that is very important to Kodi end users.

@hdmkv was the review of the Zidoo X9S/X8 review a little bit too quick?
No, as any player is always in flux, so I've tried to make it an evolving review as things get uncovered and issues get resolved/broken w/firmware updates.

Between Zidoo X9S, HiMedia Q10 Pro and my Intel i3 NUC w/Kodi MVC build, X9S is what I most use, followed by Intel, then HiMedia. Zidoo, even with some of the issues present, is about as close to the best all-in-one Kodi player we've had to date (just IMHO). Anyway, I'll add a blurb in post #1 to clarify that Zidoo relies on an external player solution, and that ZDMC (Kodi) and it are separate apps that aren't really interconnected in any meaningful way.
My HT
  • 58(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use8