Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use
(2016-12-02, 12:53)wrxtasy Wrote: Well if video codec support is so great with X9S why is External player Software used at all in the first place ?

Why not just do everything within Kodi and stop all this messing about and duplicating of media player functions ?
Do it all through Kodi's and Android's mediacodec API like everyone else.

Seems like a waste of time if you ask me. Reinventing the Wheel. Just code it all into ZDMC and publish the code.
This code might make its way into the mainstream Kodi codebase and you have your Kodi support. Kodi developers cannot magically pull Realtek/HiSilicon support code out of thin air.

Are Zidoo and HiSilicon developers going to join the ranks of Kodi code maintainers if this happens ?

Remember Kodi developers will no longer accept custom hacked code into the Android Kodi master codebase.

There is also a competitive reason here and has everything to do with GPL Open Source code compliance and wanting to stand out from the media player crowd. Which is perfectly fine.
You do not need to publish your custom coded External player software for other competitors to copy if you are not modifying Kodi itself to support unique video playback functions such as 1080p 3D or HiSilicon's Imprex Engine.

Valid points
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - by movie78 - 2016-12-02, 16:21
HDR aspect ratio - by ragico - 2017-02-27, 23:03
F/W; whom writes it? - by casey-jones - 2018-12-29, 15:39
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use8